Chaparral SUX!

44 replies to this topic
  • Ocho Hill

Posted August 31, 2005 - 09:11 PM

My cousin ordered a Clymer's manual. Chapparal sent the wrong one. When he called to straighten it out, they told him he would have to pay for the shipping and a restocking fee. Which totalled almost as much as the manual.

Try rockymountain, motosportoutlet or my new fav, the TT Store.

• CHEEZE13

Posted September 01, 2005 - 05:11 AM

See the complaints continue to come in! I need to start a website boycottChaparral.com.

• Riel250f

Posted September 01, 2005 - 05:54 AM

Yep, Chaparral SUX!!!!
Dennis Kirk suits me fine.

• grayracer513

Posted September 01, 2005 - 06:47 AM

Another TT member I know walked in to Chaparral and asked for a pair of clutch levers for a WR250F specifically, reminding the counter person that the WR was not interchangeable with the YZ/YZF. They gave him the wrong ones, which he did not discover until he tried to install one a short time later. He walked them back into the store, with the receipt, and they refused to even exchange them.

This kind of thing is inexcusable in any business, especially retail, but it's one of the reasons that I don't buy mail order for the most part (OEM parts from the TT store now being an exception). Instead I established a relationship with a local parts shop. After paying my dues (being a regular customer paying full price for a while) I can now walk in and order anything I need, pay no SO fees, get 10-25% off the order, and never pay freight. Plus, when there's a problem, it gets solved. Some people actually want your business.

• Jetsprint2

Posted September 01, 2005 - 06:54 AM

Another TT member I know walked in to Chaparral and asked for a pair of clutch levers for a WR250F specifically, reminding the counter person that the WR was not interchangeable with the YZ/YZF. They gave him the wrong ones, which he did not discover until he tried to install one a short time later. He walked them back into the store, with the receipt, and they refused to even exchange them.

This kind of thing is inexcusable in any business, especially retail, but it's one of the reasons that I don't buy mail order for the most part (OEM parts from the TT store now being an exception). Instead I established a relationship with a local parts shop. After paying my dues (being a regular customer paying full price for a while) I can now walk in and order anything I need, pay no SO fees, get 10-25% off the order, and never pay freight. Plus, when there's a problem, it gets solved. Some people actually want your business.

Yah, I am the same way. There is a MX store here in Boise, ID called the Racin Station. It is owned by guys that actually ride and they take good care of me. Even if I could save a little money via the internet I will still pay for the service I get at the local shop. :D

• biznet1

Posted September 01, 2005 - 07:34 AM

Is this the place? I need to know who not to buy from.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/

• CHEEZE13

Posted September 01, 2005 - 08:08 AM

Is this the place? I need to know who not to buy from.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/

Oh yeah thats the shit hole!

• old-n-sloow

Posted September 01, 2005 - 10:10 AM

Oh yeah thats the shit hole!

I was shopping for my new bike a couple of weeks ago and called chapparal for a price. They would tell me the MSRP (like I didnt already know that) but would not give an OTD #. Then they started in with the hi-pressure tactics ON THE PHONE! Are you ready to buy today? What would it take to get this deal done today? etc. I told the sales guy that I wasn't buying anything from them if they wouldn't answer my questions. He kept saying that they "sell more bikes than anyone else in the state" and actually said "you would be a fool to shop anywhere else". I was AGAIN reminded that chapparal is worth avoiding at all costs. I took the salemans name and #, went to Mojave KTM and bought my new 450xc (Great people there) then called the chapparal sales guy on my way home and told him how he lost a sale. And that I would never again spend a DIME with them. Stay away from chapparal, they suck.

• RCannon

Posted September 01, 2005 - 04:23 PM

Could not have said it better. Chaparral eats it.

My last dealing with them resulted in my e mailing them a picture. I stuck one of their stickers in a filthy urnal. They did not reply.

• biznet1

Posted September 01, 2005 - 05:10 PM

I couldn't help myself. I hate rude behavior in a man (or woman or business). Won't toleraaaate it. So, I sent them an email today and told them that I had a friend that they screwed over, and I'm seeing a flood of other people telling their "Chaparral" story. So, not only will I never buy from them, I will tell anyone I can not to buy from them. And, that if I was the owner, I would fire the bitch in charge of customer no service. I also told them that I would give my left nut to know the stockholder's phone numbers. This pisses me off, and I've never even bought from them.

Those of you that have been affected should file a complaint. Enough of these will get their attention. Maybe even get the bitch fired.

http://complaint.bbb.org/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted September 01, 2005 - 06:22 PM

Mine is sent. Thanks for the link.

• CHEEZE13

Posted September 01, 2005 - 08:08 PM

I couldn't help myself. I hate rude behavior in a man (or woman or business). Won't toleraaaate it. So, I sent them an email today and told them that I had a friend that they screwed over, and I'm seeing a flood of other people telling their "Chaparral" story. So, not only will I never buy from them, I will tell anyone I can not to buy from them. And, that if I was the owner, I would fire the bitch in charge of customer no service. I also told them that I would give my left nut to know the stockholder's phone numbers. This pisses me off, and I've never even bought from them.

Those of you that have been affected should file a complaint. Enough of these will get their attention. Maybe even get the bitch fired.

http://complaint.bbb.org/

Biznet you Da MAN!!! High five brother! Thanks for telling em what for! I say we all rise against this kind of stuff, I mean we are the consumers!

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted September 01, 2005 - 08:28 PM

Dont ever buy from Chaparral's mail order. It ALWAYS comes to your house wrong.

I have good luck whenever going into the store itself, though.

• CHEEZE13

Posted September 01, 2005 - 08:39 PM

Allright I just entered my complaint to the BBB, we'll see what happens. You know everybody I talked to at Chaparral Tues. was an ass hole.??? Guess its standard company policy... Oh yeah I just checked Chaparral's website, the slick bastards have edited their website, to bad I printed out the page with the original product description two days ago. Bunch of freaking retards, like editing the website changes them ripping me off.

• Traction12

Posted September 01, 2005 - 08:47 PM

Awww, can't we be nice about this? Let me give it a whirl, after getting treated like the bastard child of the prince of darkness on the phone...

Dear not a bitch and the owner who must have found her on monster.com,

I called to ask questions about a set of Apocalypse pants but instead received a bungholio chaffing that would kill a rhino. Had she taken her medication, you may have made a sale. According to my friends I'm not quite sure what I would have purchased in the end, but at least I would have received it before... um, well, nevermind. Owner, please let your secretary know that if things do not improve, your business will end and she will have to find a new owner to sleep with. Nobody here wants that. Especially no one who owns a business.

Sincerely, me.

• CHEEZE13

Posted September 02, 2005 - 06:11 AM

Awww, can't we be nice about this? Let me give it a whirl, after getting treated like the bastard child of the prince of darkness on the phone...

Dear not a bitch and the owner who must have found her on monster.com,

I called to ask questions about a set of Apocalypse pants but instead received a bungholio chaffing that would kill a rhino. Had she taken her medication, you may have made a sale. According to my friends I'm not quite sure what I would have purchased in the end, but at least I would have received it before... um, well, nevermind. Owner, please let your secretary know that if things do not improve, your business will end and she will have to find a new owner to sleep with. Nobody here wants that. Especially no one who owns a business.

Sincerely, me.

Dude you are cracking me up! That's some funny shit! LMAO

• Michael Mendoza

Posted September 06, 2005 - 04:57 PM

so...after all that did you ever receive compensation or anything?

i've talked to a few people at chap and havent had a problem, i can't believe you had to go through all that.

but in their defense they aren't the manufacturer of the bars, they are just vendors, right? who knows...i like this site, i'm pretty new and everyone seems cool, i hope everything works out for ya!

• 9-d-9

Posted September 06, 2005 - 11:06 PM

If you want to order from Chaparral you need to put your order in at the very least a month before you would like to receive it. On three occasions I've ordered online and waited around 3-4 weeks for something to show up at my door. I'm done with them and their 'attitude' of making me feel as if they are doing 'me' a favor by placing my order. I think their employees also do some part time work as Sprint CSR's. I've never had a problem with Rocky Mountain and the parts always come within the week.

• brown77

Posted September 07, 2005 - 07:21 AM

I have heard nothing but bad thing over the years about them ,they will never get my business , go to rockymt. exclent service and fast shipping

• bg10459

Posted September 07, 2005 - 07:53 AM

Hmmm :D
Order early, maybe get the right parts, excellent customer non-service...
What's their number? :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.