Largest street tire for XR650L

7 replies to this topic
  • TREADMARKS

Posted August 30, 2005 - 04:50 AM

I saw the Avon Distenzia tires in another thread and loved the look and rider feedback.

Anyone know what is the widest tire to fit the stock rim. I can trim the tab and remove or mod the chain guard as necessary ti fit.

Thanks

• TREADMARKS

Posted August 31, 2005 - 02:52 AM

Anyone?

Anyone? :D

• justicedone

Posted August 31, 2005 - 01:42 PM

I run a Teraflex, and its about as big as you can get. Huge nobs, mad traction, but raises the rear about an inch over stock. I have over 750mi on mine and its about 200-300mi before shot.

Pics in my garage if you wanna see one fit.

• Dual_Dog

Posted August 31, 2005 - 01:53 PM

Anyone know what is the widest tire to fit the stock rim. I can trim the tab and remove or mod the chain guard as necessary ti fit.
Thanks

140/90-18 or 5.10-18, street or dirt for the rear tire. If you can find anything larger or if your chain hasn't stretched very much yet, some custom knob trimming may be in order..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TREADMARKS

Posted September 01, 2005 - 03:06 AM

I run a Teraflex, and its about as big as you can get. Huge nobs, mad traction, but raises the rear about an inch over stock. I have over 750mi on mine and its about 200-300mi before shot.

Pics in my garage if you wanna see one fit.

Dayuum that is a big azz knobby. :D

I gotta go with something a little more streetable tho, as 90% of my riding will be expressway and turnpike.

• TREADMARKS

Posted September 01, 2005 - 03:08 AM

140/90-18 or 5.10-18, street or dirt for the rear tire. If you can find anything larger or if your chain hasn't stretched very much yet, some custom knob trimming may be in order..

Thanks Dual_Dog. :D

I will go look at some 140-150 street tires this weekend. :D

• TREADMARKS

Posted September 02, 2005 - 03:03 AM

The DISTANZIA was only available in 120 for the rear :D

So I bought a set anyway because I really dig the looks of that tire.

Now if they only made it fatter :D

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 02, 2005 - 06:39 PM

5.10 dammmmmmmmmn

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.