Rejetting for exhaust insert

3 replies to this topic
  • BergRyder

Posted August 29, 2005 - 10:01 PM

Are there any general rules of thumb for jetting when putting in a more restrictive tail pipe insert?
I have an 01 426 Supermoto with a Yoshimura RS-3 full pipe that I race without any inserts and the bike runs great. For an upcoming race the sound level is 96 decibels, which should be achievable with the medium Yoshi insert. I have tried the insert with the current carb setup and the bike runs very badly, what do I need to adjust/change?

• bg10459

Posted August 30, 2005 - 07:04 AM

Drop the main jet 1 size and see if you can re-tune the pilot circuit with the screw. If not, drop the pilot also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BergRyder

Posted September 06, 2005 - 09:04 PM

I ended up dropping the main from a 175 to a 172,
dropped the pilot jet from a 48 to a 40, and raised the needle one clip. The power delivery is smooth, no popping on deceleration, sweet :D

• clark4131

Posted September 06, 2005 - 09:30 PM

With a 40 Pilot, you may be WAY too lean unless you're in the 10,000' range and then it still might be a stretch. I'm at 5000' and I'm running a 45 with the JD Red #5. I'd be willing to bet that the 172 Main is compensating for the Pilot circuit with a bit of overlap. You may be running well, but it sounds off and is likely having some effect on your valves and such that you can't detect...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.