6 speed trans for 2007 wr450f

26 replies to this topic
  • TallBoysWRF

Posted September 02, 2005 - 09:01 PM

I wish my 400 had a sixth gear! I dual sport my bike all the time on fire roads and two tracks and dirt roads etc. For trails it is great with my 15/49 gearing, but I always want to shift again when I'm running 60 or 70 mph. It just feels like it needs another gear to hum along, instead of running half to three quarters throttle. I could gear it higher, but when I get into tight single track, it is as tall as I want to go, in some places I wouldn't mind having lower gearing, but then the street would be worse.

• minion

Posted September 05, 2005 - 07:02 PM

now that's a fantastic idea. :D

the jetting juggle gets old

That might be getting close, considering the new Raptor 700 is fuel injected.

I just took a trip to Colorado, and took my WR450 with me. Our ride went from 6500 to 12,500 feet (covered that in an afternoon - very steep riding).

Unless I want to tear the bike down and rejet on the trail, there is no way to jet the bike for that kind of riding - its too wide of a transisition. Fuel injection would be nice.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted September 06, 2005 - 05:15 AM

Cannondale was on the right track. I have a feeling their bike was ahead of it's time but it's one of those things that takes off a few years after the origional goes bankrupt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted September 06, 2005 - 07:56 AM

Cannondale was on the right track.

ya but the bikes couldn't even make it around a motocross track with out braking down let alone doing a 200km mountain ride :D

• vanisland

Posted September 06, 2005 - 09:05 PM

Simon if you're willing to pay "1000+$ for a 6speed trans" why wouldn't you consider an auto clutch like the Rekluse for alot less. It makes a world of difference on the trails here.

• simon@vic

Posted September 06, 2005 - 09:22 PM

i fully disagree. i would never run an auto clutch. i have tired them and i hate them.

• vanisland

Posted September 06, 2005 - 09:46 PM

Well I think thats the first time I've heard of someone who has actually tried an Auto clutch and has used the word "hate" in their opinion of the auto clutch. I don't think I've come across anyone who has had any negative comments. Why would you dis-like it so much?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.