so, i rode my '03yzf 450 today for the 1st time..

went out to thundercross today (for the FL guys) with a few friends since every other track around me was closed, rained out.

the bike is definitely torquey! my yzf has an FMF Titanium exhaust, its jetted, and has a few other goodies like suspension, ironman, applied triple clamps, race tech internals in the suspension, ..etc..

what a blast.

thank you very much for the deal kevin! i love the bike.

by the end of the day i finally learned to stop revving the bike like a two-stroke and felt much more confident on it.. but had to cut the day short when the rain moved in.

:D:D:D

went out to thundercross today (for the FL guys) with a few friends since every other track around me was closed, rained out.

the bike is definitely torquey! my yzf has an FMF Titanium exhaust, its jetted, and has a few other goodies like suspension, ironman, applied triple clamps, race tech internals in the suspension, ..etc..

what a blast.

thank you very much for the deal kevin! i love the bike.

by the end of the day i finally learned to stop revving the bike like a two-stroke and felt much more confident on it.. but had to cut the day short when the rain moved in.

:D:D:D

Did you ride the hare scrambles track? If you can make three consecutive laps around that whooped out mess on your new bike you automatically get my respect. In fact I'll tell everyone you are the man. None of my riding buddies would go more than one lap at a time.

Have fun with it.

--KT--

by the end of the day i finally learned to stop revving the bike like a two-stroke and felt much more confident on it..
The great thing is that you can if you need/want to. Learn to ride it in the middle of the rev range, and it's like having some over-rev on a two-stroke...except you have like 2000 RPM worth of it. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Did you ride the hare scrambles track? If you can make three consecutive laps around that whooped out mess on your new bike you automatically get my respect. In fact I'll tell everyone you are the man. None of my riding buddies would go more than one lap at a time.

Have fun with it.

--KT--

That is an absolute lie!!! :banghead:

I rode at least 25 yards into the second lap before I realized I passed the exit and turned around.

• 8 months later...