so, i rode my '03yzf 450 today for the 1st time..

14 replies to this topic
  • yamasaki

Posted August 28, 2005 - 04:17 PM

went out to thundercross today (for the FL guys) with a few friends since every other track around me was closed, rained out.

the bike is definitely torquey! my yzf has an FMF Titanium exhaust, its jetted, and has a few other goodies like suspension, ironman, applied triple clamps, race tech internals in the suspension, ..etc..

what a blast.

thank you very much for the deal kevin! i love the bike.

by the end of the day i finally learned to stop revving the bike like a two-stroke and felt much more confident on it.. but had to cut the day short when the rain moved in.

:D :D :D

• Satch0922

Posted August 28, 2005 - 04:40 PM

congratulations! Sounds fun! :D

• yz_for_me

Posted August 28, 2005 - 07:19 PM

You got yourself a sweet bike there. Have fun. :D

• phat_450f

Posted August 28, 2005 - 11:21 PM

yes congrats...and the best thing about it is you dont have to carry around a thing of oil when you fill it up....

• tacoma426

Posted August 29, 2005 - 06:58 PM

great bike man :D :D

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 29, 2005 - 08:02 PM

Congrats! I would LOVE to have an 03-04 YZ450F.

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 29, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Congrats on the bike, keep it up and it'll last a good while

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slowmotion426

Posted August 29, 2005 - 08:21 PM

Awesome. :D

• MXKyle

Posted August 30, 2005 - 05:46 AM

went out to thundercross today (for the FL guys) with a few friends since every other track around me was closed, rained out.

the bike is definitely torquey! my yzf has an FMF Titanium exhaust, its jetted, and has a few other goodies like suspension, ironman, applied triple clamps, race tech internals in the suspension, ..etc..

what a blast.

thank you very much for the deal kevin! i love the bike.

by the end of the day i finally learned to stop revving the bike like a two-stroke and felt much more confident on it.. but had to cut the day short when the rain moved in.

:D :D :D

Did you ride the hare scrambles track? If you can make three consecutive laps around that whooped out mess on your new bike you automatically get my respect. In fact I'll tell everyone you are the man. None of my riding buddies would go more than one lap at a time.

Have fun with it.

--KT--

• walent215

Posted August 30, 2005 - 10:07 AM

Congrats! I would LOVE to have an 03-04 YZ450F.

ive got a mint 03 ill sell you.im in cali

• yamasaki

Posted August 30, 2005 - 11:48 AM

no, just rode the short track. it was cool.. but it was no seminole.. i'm spoiled by that track and its only about 50~60 miles from my house.

• MXKyle

Posted August 30, 2005 - 12:08 PM

ive got a mint 03 ill sell you.im in cali

Mine is for sale too. Cheap! I'm in Orlando. I'm not allowed to own two bikes that are the same size so I need to move it before I can buy an '06.

--KT--

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2005 - 12:30 PM

by the end of the day i finally learned to stop revving the bike like a two-stroke and felt much more confident on it..

The great thing is that you can if you need/want to. Learn to ride it in the middle of the rev range, and it's like having some over-rev on a two-stroke...except you have like 2000 RPM worth of it. :D

• mxdrew

Posted September 24, 2005 - 08:47 AM

Did you ride the hare scrambles track? If you can make three consecutive laps around that whooped out mess on your new bike you automatically get my respect. In fact I'll tell everyone you are the man. [COLOR=Red]None of my riding buddies would go more than one lap at a time[/COLOR].

Have fun with it.

--KT--

That is an absolute lie!!! :banghead:

I rode at least 25 yards into the second lap before I realized I passed the exit and turned around.

• yamasaki

Posted June 07, 2006 - 06:43 AM

wow.. just saw this post.. many months have gone by.. and i still love this bike..

:applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.