Just got nitrous for my 450!!

66 replies to this topic
  • snow

Posted August 27, 2005 - 07:18 PM

Have been running it on my sled for a long time now with a good boost and have sold a crapload of kits for sleds and 450's and so far everyone loves it so I thought why not my 450. Now if I can just hang on. Will have a Vid and dyno sheets soon will install on Mon or Tues will keep you posted.

• bob333

Posted August 27, 2005 - 08:12 PM

that is crazy

• CRF_173

Posted August 27, 2005 - 08:15 PM

Can you get kits for a crf250r? I dont think itd help much in motocross, but itd be cool just to have.

• 95kdx200

Posted August 27, 2005 - 08:17 PM

where do you ride that beast ohh yea by the way ur freckin insane

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 27, 2005 - 08:36 PM

Have been running it on my sled for a long time now with a good boost and have sold a crapload of kits for sleds and 450's and so far everyone loves it so I thought why not my 450. Now if I can just hang on. Will have a Vid and dyno sheets soon will install on Mon or Tues will keep you posted.

Where are you riding that you can use nitrous?

Are there dunes in Montana?

• grayracer513

Posted August 27, 2005 - 10:45 PM

I'd like some tech info on the installation. What is the source for the extra fuel required, and how is it delivered, metered, etc.?

• superduper

Posted August 27, 2005 - 11:07 PM

what kind of power can be expected from something like that? and what will happen to the rotating assembly?

• troyfisher123

Posted August 27, 2005 - 11:38 PM

what kind of power can be expected from something like that? and what will happen to the rotating assembly?

It'll stop being a rotating assembly and become quite stationary.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 28, 2005 - 09:45 AM

It'll stop being a rotating assembly and become quite stationary.

Well, Id expect it to beome stationary after its "projectile" faze :D :D

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 28, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Is it a Boondocker nitrous system? I've seen them on a few 450's at Glamis/Dumont.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bob333

Posted August 28, 2005 - 12:49 PM

i wanna get one for my 50

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 28, 2005 - 04:57 PM

i wanna get one for my 50

Are you serious.

• grayracer513

Posted August 28, 2005 - 05:52 PM

Are you serious.

Bob, I've noticed is seldom serious, seldom right, seldom helpful, and almost never posts more than ten words or a single sentence. But hey, maybe that's his gig. Who are we...? :D

• snow

Posted August 28, 2005 - 05:55 PM

I ride in ST Anthony dunes and for anyone who has rode there and likes to hillclimb you know you can never get enough power. I have run Boss Noss and BD but I like the Ice Nitrous systems. I have used lots of nitrous in my sled 60 hp+ shots and never had a problem I am going with a 10hp shot but will try a 15 also. I hope I make it alive. PM me if you would like to try nitrous or have any questions. What I love about it is 20 min and you can swap out and run it on your sled car boat motorhome :D or lawnmower.

• phat_450f

Posted August 28, 2005 - 11:19 PM

and i have a problem keeping the front tire on the ground as it is....

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 29, 2005 - 04:11 PM

Bob, I've noticed is seldom serious, seldom right, seldom helpful, and almost never posts more than ten words or a single sentence. But hey, maybe that's his gig. Who are we...? :D

I dunno, I just cant make sense out of anyone using nitrous on a CRF50 kids bike....as it would be impossible to control. From that, I assume he wasn't serious. Thanks gray.

• bob333

Posted August 29, 2005 - 04:32 PM

maybe it is my gig :eek: :D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

• snow

Posted August 29, 2005 - 05:59 PM

WoW on a 50 :D Just for kicks I have a Polaris 400 scrammy that I put a 60hp boost on just to mess with my friends Predator was funny to see the look on his face at the grass drags when I smoked him. Funny thing is I have run over 50 hits with that boost and took the motor down just see what it did and nothing it looked perfect no damage or anything.

• jerryls

Posted August 29, 2005 - 07:11 PM

Nitrous on a lawnmower? I find that strangely compelling :D . Pics/video please?

Jerry

• snow

Posted August 29, 2005 - 07:21 PM

No I was just saying that a guy could easly switch to a lawnmower or whatever you want in 20 min and if you are set up with mounts in place you can do in in 5-10 min. I have seen pulling lawmowers that run on nitrous and turbos. I got all my stuff together and am going to install tomarrow night and dyno run on wendsday. I am also thinking of a pipe but there are too many choices.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.