Cracked fuel tank (pics)

23 replies to this topic
  • Motoman_AZ

Posted September 01, 2005 - 08:41 AM

Same crack on mine..........get rid of it and start with an aftermarket tank.. Put a Clarke 3.2 on mine..... love the range now!

I have a YZ, not a WR....

• spy

Posted September 01, 2005 - 09:19 AM

Yeah get a clarke replacement. Only qualm i have about my 3.2 is i cant sit all the way forward compared to the stocker, but you could get the clarke stocker if it bothers you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SteadyEddy

Posted September 07, 2005 - 12:32 AM

Just an update on my dramas with the tank. I went to my dealer who just played dumb :D . so I did some searching on the web found other dudes here in Australia that had the same problem. I finally got some one to give me some details so I could print them and take them with me to my dealer, after showing the prints he then realized he couldn't play dumb anymore :eek:
I said to him that its a safety issue, if I was ridding on the road and the tank split like that and started a fire, that yamaha would have to answer up to something a bit more then just me complaining about it.
So after that he said he would see what he could do.
I have been told that a new tank will be sent to them this week :D :eek:

So all I can say is, that it pays to do some research and for that I thank Thumper talk and evry one that helped. You saved me $500 Aussie dollars :D

• 96warrior

Posted September 07, 2005 - 10:55 PM

Wow, I have never seen that happen before on any bike. Good to hear that yamaha is sending a new tank. If it happened to me, I'd upgrade to an ims or a clarke. I'll be sure to watch for that now, good thread. :banghead:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.