changed out front and rear springs.....

2 replies to this topic
  • waterdog3

Posted August 27, 2005 - 04:16 PM

04WR450- 6'1,230LB's

Well I changed out my rear shock spring and "YES" you can change it without removing it from the bike. My race sag with the stock spring was 140, so I went with a 6.2 The best i could get out of it was 112-114 race sag and that was with only 20mm of static sag. So I will be sending it back for a 6.4.. And then there are the front fork springs.....the Susp. guy recommended that I go with 50's on the front. Went to change them out, took old 46's out and went to put the new 50's in and they would not go but maybe 8-9 inches into the tubes. Took them out put old ones back in just fine....took old ones out and new ones would not go in.....So needlessly to say, I will be sending everything back. SO WILL 50's EVEN FIT A 04 WR450???????

any thoughts or suggestion's???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HarveyMushman

Posted August 27, 2005 - 04:21 PM

I just put 50's in my 05 with no problem.

• waterdog3

Posted August 27, 2005 - 04:27 PM

they went with differnt tubes on the 05.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.