450 03 problem

6 replies to this topic
  • cheekz

Posted August 27, 2005 - 06:58 AM

rite i was on my bike yesterday and stoped the bike but left it runing,it then cut off wich it hasnt done b4 so i went 2 kick it and the kick start was tite so i bumped it and it started fine i then thought its best 2 take it home but on the way it cut out again and the kick start was solid and it wouldnt bump. wen i got home i managed 2 free the kick starter but its still tite and will not start :D has any 1 had this problem i think its the bottem end any tips or help will be awsome

cheers

• Matt96xr6

Posted August 27, 2005 - 07:13 AM

check the valve clearances

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 27, 2005 - 07:26 AM

How long was it idling for? NEVER leave any bike, especially a race bike, idling for any extended length of time. It could've got hot, and started to seize? Depends how long you left it sitting though. If it was only idling a short time before stalling, like Matt96xr6 said, check your clearances. If it got too hot, dump your oil too. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 27, 2005 - 07:34 AM

The '03's have been known to break the kick starter assembly, which could conceivably jam up the entire works by locking up the clutch hub. If the starter doesn't feel right, it could be worth looking at.

• cheekz

Posted August 27, 2005 - 08:06 AM

cheers for the tip people any others got some info ?

• bob333

Posted August 27, 2005 - 05:31 PM

did you find the problem

• cheekz

Posted August 28, 2005 - 03:43 AM

no will have a look in the week

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.