problem or not?

12 replies to this topic
  • 05Yzfofiddy

Posted August 27, 2005 - 05:40 AM

i have a 05 yz450f and i was ridin it yesterday in the trails and all the sudden antifreeze started coming outta the overflow..is that normal? could it have been cause it over heated from real tight trails?

• spy

Posted August 27, 2005 - 06:22 AM

It would be normal if you were riding slowly or stopping too often. :D

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 27, 2005 - 07:18 AM

i have a 05 yz450f and i was ridin it yesterday in the trails and all the sudden antifreeze started coming outta the overflow..is that normal? could it have been cause it over heated from real tight trails?

Just check the coolant level, and top up if needed. My old KLX650 used to boil the coolant it the overflow bottle on tight trails. It used to boil so fiercely, you could hear it above the engine.

• bob333

Posted August 27, 2005 - 11:09 AM

thats normal

• troyfisher123

Posted August 27, 2005 - 04:41 PM

Shit man, I'd sell it as soon as possible. I'll send you a couple hundred cash.

• jamieyz426f01

Posted August 27, 2005 - 04:45 PM

Shit man, I'd sell it as soon as possible. I'll send you a couple hundred cash.

you friggin fool,..trying to blag a new bike for couple hundred smackers :D, it would be normal in real tight trails just keep topping up :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bob333

Posted August 27, 2005 - 05:04 PM

is your radiator bent or smashed because that effects cooling

• John407

Posted August 27, 2005 - 08:59 PM

I'm pretty sure he was jokin'. But just incase I'm offering $400. :D

• HIGH COMPRESSION

Posted August 29, 2005 - 03:19 PM

Normal Expecially If You Were Riding Slow In A Tight Trail. Don't Sweat It.

High Compression

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 29, 2005 - 04:00 PM

Everyone says its normal, yet when I ride tight trails in hot weather I dont have any problems with overheating, even when I stop alot. Is it the Engine Ice? I dont think so...since I never had the problem even with stock coolant.

• MotoGoalie

Posted August 30, 2005 - 06:31 AM

Its normal.

Make you a little overflow bottle. do a searchy in the CRF forum on Turkey Baster Coolant Recovery.

I'll post pics of mine. It works perfectly.

• djbiker

Posted August 30, 2005 - 11:29 AM

engin ice is the best it really work put some in it cool s down you bike faster i have never overheated after i put it in

• yamasaki

Posted August 30, 2005 - 11:51 AM

ive been using engine ice for some time now and never had any overheating issues either. good stuff. not that pricey either compared to other fluids that get changed WAY more often!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.