How much should i spend on a Xr650R

7 replies to this topic
  • ImpalaR1

Posted August 26, 2005 - 04:41 PM

Can u guys give a pirce you would look to spend on a used 650R? i want as new as i can find, but anything around 02 is cool. Is $3500 to high for a used one?

• qadsan

Posted August 26, 2005 - 05:02 PM

$3500 for a very good used 2002 isn't too high in my opinion. If it has extras on it (i.e. bars, griips, clamps, etc), then it makes it even more attractive because all those little things ad up. It's pretty easy to get caught up in customizing and buying aftermarket stuff for these bikes and it doesn't take long to pass the $1K mark in aftermerket goodies whether its a XR, CRF, YZF, WRF, etc.

• ImpalaR1

Posted August 26, 2005 - 06:52 PM

i'm trying to find one that's already plated, so i don't have to go through the process.... But i've found a couple that have a decent price but aren't street legal yet. So i've been calling the DMV, liscensing place, and the WSP and all of them say to call the other person, so that concerns me alittle about getting anything street legal.

• HC

Posted August 26, 2005 - 09:34 PM

its near impossible to get one legal. they mark the title ORV, its the kiss of death. look for one out of state or in that is already plated. not many in WA , most dealers stay away from the BRP in WA, best of luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • J_Daniels

Posted August 27, 2005 - 04:02 PM

Maybe I should go into business plating off road bikes here in Oregon. I guess it's easy, haven't done it to my Pig yet. Word to the wise, all BRPs are the same, save for an updated clutch hub bushing and countershaft seal, easily replaced. I paid 2k for my 2000 BRP and she's sweet.

• ImpalaR1

Posted August 27, 2005 - 05:16 PM

Bellingham Plated a XR650R Today!! Without inspection, or the bike present at the liscence office. Just the title, and asked, "i need plate's and a street title for my bike" and they did it. plates, tabs, everything at once right there.

• Speed4Rider

Posted August 27, 2005 - 08:10 PM

Bellingham Plated a XR650R Today!! Without inspection, or the bike present at the liscence office. Just the title, and asked, "i need plate's and a street title for my bike" and they did it. plates, tabs, everything at once right there.

Sweet dude! Congrats!

• panaceabeachbum

Posted August 28, 2005 - 03:58 AM

There are at least two online services that will issue titles for off road bikes with nothing more than the certificate of origin and a picture of the bike, one in Las Vegas $110, and one in Oregon for $125, I will post links as soon as my other computer rises from the dead. If Cecil is still active here he will have the links also. Richard

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.