4 Strokes gets Even !! ... pics

12 replies to this topic
  • roadcam

Posted August 26, 2005 - 08:54 AM

awhile back, I posted a pic of my bobbed and drilled XR650L front fender here, and on 4Strokes.com .... I never gave it a thought about the THUMPERTALK front fender decal ... I promptly was scolded by 4-Strokes for showing that decal ... now, I see they Photo-Shopped their logo onto it ... OK with me, thought they did a good job, but strikes me as pretty funny ... sure hope they can sleep at night now .... here's the 'Before and After' pics

http://i15.photobuck...am/baaef531.jpg
http://i15.photobuck...derretagged.jpg

:D

• roadcam

Posted August 26, 2005 - 08:55 AM

I see they even brightened up my too-dark pic ... good work

• mayner

Posted August 26, 2005 - 08:59 AM

I see they even brightened up my too-dark pic ... good work

lol

Why do it halfway? A little paranoid, IMO but I guess they're entitled to do what they want on their site. Did they tell you they were going to do it?

• roadcam

Posted August 26, 2005 - 09:10 AM

no, it was a surprise ... but the guy over there seems like a good sort, he helped me with my avatar, and seems to know his way around graphic files ... Im not offended at all, .. just thought it was funny, I didn't know ThumperTalk is considered 'competition' ... :D

• TimBrp

Posted August 26, 2005 - 09:34 AM

That site is known for that. They've booted people just for mentioning another site there. I go maybe once or twice a month now, if that. They really need to calm down. Jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery.

• x400r

Posted August 26, 2005 - 09:42 AM

i rarely visit 4strokes.com, it used to be hondaxr.com

they are pricks over there. way too up tight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted August 26, 2005 - 11:55 AM

i rarely visit 4strokes.com, it used to be hondaxr.com

they are pricks over there. way too up tight.

LMFAO, you probably just got banned. I think their lead mod is a member over here, go figure!

• XR4KW

Posted August 26, 2005 - 02:05 PM

Thats funny... Last month somebody asked where to get engine work done on their XR in So. Cal. I tried to recommend Barnum. When I submitted my reply it showed up as "not allowed Pro Products". I got an email from the admin saying that they don't allow his (Rob Barnum) name to be posted on their website. Weird. :D

• BWB63

Posted August 26, 2005 - 02:08 PM

Thats funny... Last month somebody asked where to get engine work done on their XR in So. Cal. I tried to recommend Barnum. When I submitted my reply it showed up as "not allowed Pro Products". I got an email from the admin saying that they don't allow his (Rob Barnum) name to be posted on their website. Weird. :D

No that is the norm there. It can get a lot worse.......He thinks it's a money this and if you bring up another name or group "He" is loosing money. Flat out with that attitude you chase buyers away.

• qadsan

Posted August 26, 2005 - 03:21 PM

I got banned from them too :D

The guy who modified your picture did a great job with the pic and the logo :D. I'm guessing it was done in good fun unless it was done by Lloyd.

• JackAttack

Posted August 26, 2005 - 03:28 PM

I got banned from them too :D

I'm not even going to try then. :D

• XR250rdr

Posted August 26, 2005 - 10:49 PM

Lloyd is a fag. I was very active there until a couple years ago he banned about 20 of us for just joining another forum that had been started by a couple guys Lloyd had a spat with.

• frankstr

Posted August 27, 2005 - 06:16 AM

All too funny :D :D :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.