Can the rear spring...

6 replies to this topic
  • waterdog3

Posted August 26, 2005 - 04:00 AM

Can the rear spring be changed without removing the entire shock from the bike?????

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 26, 2005 - 04:26 AM

BTW, unless the bike is new you are probably due for a shock rebuild too. :D

• bg10459

Posted August 26, 2005 - 05:02 AM

The answer is no. The spring comes off the bottom of the shock. It's not that difficult.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaha WR400F

Posted August 26, 2005 - 10:13 AM

I did mine for the first time, it's easy, just loosten the top ring, spin loose untill shock is not compressed, take off keepers, pull off spring, EASY. :D

• Matty05

Posted August 26, 2005 - 08:56 PM

grease your bearings while you are at it!

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 27, 2005 - 05:13 AM

I second that- did my easier bearing and lower shock mount last week- watch out for those loose needles in the needle bearings!

• TeamScream

Posted August 27, 2005 - 09:25 PM

The answer is no. The spring comes off the bottom of the shock. It's not that difficult.

yeah what he said

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.