Yet another clutch question

6 replies to this topic
  • calvin71

Posted August 25, 2005 - 09:41 PM

I know my clutch is bad and am planning to replace it this weekend but I'm getting conflicting info as to how much work I actually need to do. Should I just change everything (basket, springs, shims, and pads) or should I just replace the pads at this point and see if that will make the difference?

• biznet1

Posted August 26, 2005 - 01:41 AM

You should measure your springs to see if they are in spec. Check you basket for grooving. You should replace all of your friction plates. Be sure and soak them in oil. Do you have a manual? Also, don't know what bike you have. If you have the 00426 it's time for the 01 mod.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 26, 2005 - 07:21 AM

I know my clutch is bad and am planning to replace it this weekend but I'm getting conflicting info as to how much work I actually need to do. Should I just change everything (basket, springs, shims, and pads) or should I just replace the pads at this point and see if that will make the difference?

Clutches dont have pads.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • calvin71

Posted August 26, 2005 - 08:13 AM

I Have A 2000 426 So What The 01 Mod?? Thanks For All The Help You Guys Make This So Easy To Deal With.

• calvin71

Posted August 26, 2005 - 08:33 AM

I Do Have A Book. On My Bike. I Have A 2000 426 So What With The 01 Mod, And Can I Get This From My Local Yamie Dealer? :D

• ripntear

Posted August 26, 2005 - 09:09 AM

This should help!

http://www.thumperta...art=&PHPSESSID=

• biznet1

Posted August 26, 2005 - 11:19 AM

This should help!

http://www.thumperta...art=&PHPSESSID=

This is all correct except that you need to buy all of the friction plates, not just the one since yours are fried. Use www.mrcycles.com best prices I've seen.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.