Really close to buying an 05 WR450....

6 replies to this topic
  • farmrider

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:38 PM

...I Have an 03 WR 250F now...want to upgrade. What do people like/dislike about the 05......I read in Dirtrider that evan with the insert drilled out, the bike is quiet and powerful....what have people found as far as noise/power comparison? I have been riding an 05 YZ 250F and an 05 CRF 450, I imagine the power would be somewhere in the middle. I am open to any info. Thanks in advance. :D

• tony1970

Posted August 25, 2005 - 10:55 PM

My advice is buy it NOW! I love mine. I have taken out the exhaust noodle and cut the grey wire and it has more power than I will ever use. I have too check the valves soon for the first time and I will re jet, finish the rest of the free mods, install the PMB insert, and yank the smog pump at that time. Once that is done from what I have read the bike will be a beast. My dislikes are the weight and the fact you have to yank all that crap off the bike to get it to run to it's potential. But, when you ride it you do not feel the weight and I like to tinker with things. Buy one you will not be disappointed. :D

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 26, 2005 - 04:27 AM

Free modded and quiet. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450 Hurricane

Posted August 26, 2005 - 05:17 AM

Mine's a couple months old and I love it. Works great in the tight woods, rocks, mud and craggly hills where I ride.

Having to do free mods was no big deal but I guess having to work on a new bike to get it to come alive would be considered a downer for some. But it is now VERY powerful!

Study threads discussing free mods...tons of info.

• tomwr450f

Posted September 03, 2005 - 03:53 PM

Not a bad decision, since I got mine in November of 2004, I ridden mine so much I'm about ready to replace tires. The mods aren't so bad to do, my best friend and I did the carb in an hour and this was at night in December. The PMB insert is a must it's quite, my wife says it's quieter than my XR 600 with Supertrapp. :

• pkcof

Posted September 05, 2005 - 11:52 PM

hey, just buy one and ride it - you won't look back - I DIDN'T and i love it !!!!

• Matty05

Posted September 06, 2005 - 12:50 AM

Not so free modded and LOUD :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.