Dirty carb and broken throttle plate

1 reply to this topic
  • jasowiii

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:20 PM

:D
My "Float Valve" as yamaha calls it has broken for the second time on my 98 WR400. I clean the air filter pretty often and use a PJ1 filter oil and a lithium based grease around the filter seal. Each time I go into the top of the carb I find it to be kinda dusty? The rest of the carb seems to be clean. I wonder if this is common.

Need help form the :D to keep :D

Jimmy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncampion

Posted September 03, 2005 - 07:57 PM

Very common problem. After three broken slide floats valves and a problem idle, I got an Edlebrock carb which works great. Expensive but a permanent fix that idles great, starts great and worth the money.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.