HELP!!!!!!!!! Starting issues with a thumper newbie

24 replies to this topic
  • bob333

Posted August 27, 2005 - 05:16 PM

thats weird my bros 250 and dads 426 if you just barely blip the throttle youll be there forever trying to unflood it

• YZippy

Posted August 28, 2005 - 08:01 AM

Well I guess I'll star looking for problems. Kill switch, Spark, Clean carb etc. I don't have time for this shit. It ran fine and then boom.

After reading this board the last few weeks I'm beginning to wonder if 4 strokes are for people who like to work for 8 hours to ride for 4 :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 28, 2005 - 10:12 AM

Well I guess I'll star looking for problems. Kill switch, Spark, Clean carb etc. I don't have time for this shit. It ran fine and then boom.

After reading this board the last few weeks I'm beginning to wonder if 4 strokes are for people who like to work for 8 hours to ride for 4 :D

You were reading the Honda forums then.

• ripntear

Posted August 28, 2005 - 10:12 AM

Follow these 4 easy steps and you should be running in no time.

1. Pull carb and clean it.
2. Pull carb and clean it.
3. Pull carb and clean it.
4. Repeat steps 1 thru 3.

You have a problem if your choke wont stay out. Something is gummed up or there is some debris in there. Make sure you clean all your jets out well. Hold them up to the light and make sure you can see through them. Take your time. After you have cleaned the carb, put it back on and try again. If still nothing, put in another new plug. I have had a bad one right out of the box.

Don't give up, were here to help ya!

• bob333

Posted August 28, 2005 - 12:45 PM

You were reading the Honda forums then.

thats a low blow

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.