My yz400f needs your help!!!

1 reply to this topic
  • dave2nh

Posted August 25, 2005 - 02:00 PM

I recently changed the water pump in my yz400f ..... 99 i got it all back toghether and it wont shift AT ALL? I shift down and the lever moves but wont click I rock it back and forth and it still dosent help. I up shift and it is solid, like it is in its highest gear. Could it have something to do with the clutch...since it is on the same side as the waterpump? Could it just be a coincidence? I was told that the detent for the clutch could have fallen out of place? if so what does it look like and how would i put it back? I have only had this bike two weeks and i know nothing about it. Does it baybe have to be running to come out of gear? could it be something stupid? Any help would be great !!! believe me i need it? Thank you all for any input you give!!
David D.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • walent215

Posted August 25, 2005 - 02:32 PM

Yes It Has Everything To Do With The Clutch.same Thing Happened To My 98.you Have To Pull The Clutch Side Apart To Line The Leg Up.you Will See The Problem Once You Get It Apart.it Shouldnt Take You Too Long To Repair It.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.