TT AIS Removal Kit

8 replies to this topic
  • 450 Hurricane

Posted August 25, 2005 - 12:21 PM

I just wanted to pass on to anyone with a 05 WR450 my experience with the TT AIS removal kit.

After a little bit of studying, I tackled the job. Instructions were pretty good. The only difficult part was getting the metal plug into the port near the exhaust. I loosened up the radiator on the front brake lever side, squeezed a 8" long 1/2" socket wrench extention and used it to tap the plug in firmly.

The plastic plug that went into the top of the carb boot was a tight fit, but I was able to twist it into place with a pair of needle nose pliars in about 1 minute.

Total job time for me was probably about an hour, but I like to take my time.

The best news is that the exhaust popping during deceleration completely dissappeared!

:D to the TT AIS Removal kit!

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 25, 2005 - 02:13 PM

Good info- but was there any performance increase?

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted August 25, 2005 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the info, now all I need is for it to get off back order since mines been on order for 2 weeks :D

• 450 Hurricane

Posted August 25, 2005 - 05:49 PM

Good info- but was there any performance increase?

Nothing noticable, but it helped to reduce weight (1-2lbs) and most importantly to me, the popping I was getting from the exhaust on deceleration stopped.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe Reitman

Posted August 25, 2005 - 06:23 PM

I do get that popping too. I guess I am getting used to it... :D

• moach1

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:46 PM

the lowedog kit or tt ais removal, imo is a must.

• Clasicchev

Posted August 25, 2005 - 08:48 PM

Should be on its way. I just got mine

• knucklehead

Posted August 26, 2005 - 07:10 AM

dont bang the hell out of the plugs like i did. i used a screw driver to hammmer them in b/c i dont have jack for tools and it pitted out the plug.

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted August 26, 2005 - 07:31 AM

Should be on its way. I just got mine

Just got the E-Mail saying it shipped! Can't wait to get rid of that popping, also got the JD kit and zip ty fuel screw, can't wait to get it all dialed in and ready to keep up with my buddies new 700R Raptor :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.