Jetting help

2 replies to this topic
  • Al Curtis

Posted August 24, 2005 - 08:07 PM

I have an 05 WR450 all of the free mods, AIS removed,168 main jet, 48 pilot jet,YZ needle set mid way,Zip-Ty screw 1.5 turns out, baffle taken out, and now as I throttle up in neutral the engine runs real rough until about 1/2 throttle. What do you guys think fuel screw adj, or a larger pilot jet or something else. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted August 24, 2005 - 09:53 PM

I have a 45 pilot and 170 main with JD blue needle with an air screw between 1 1/2 to 2 turns out. Same free mods. My friends 04 same jets and stock needle, were at 3600ft. It says Cali so sea level for you? Might be to rich on low speed? check out jetting on this forum it has a massive amount of info!

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 24, 2005 - 10:52 PM

Buy an 04 WR needle of JD jetting kit red needle. Put it in clip #4. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.