Supertrapp IDS on 650L

9 replies to this topic
  • XRsteve

Posted August 24, 2005 - 07:34 PM

I'm looking at a quiet series Supertrapp IDS for my 99 XR650L. Has anybody used one on their 650L? I need something quiet enough for the street but with a little more power than stock.

• wisco01

Posted August 25, 2005 - 05:57 AM

I can't comment on that but I run the E-Series form White Bros. It is louder than stock but not enough to piss off my neighbor at 7:30am. It helps having the tuning ability with the discs (albeit only a small amount).

• roadcam

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:29 AM

I run the Supertrapp IDS2 on my 650L ... barely louder than the stock muffler ... much lighter, definitely better appearance, and very well-constructed .. comes with 12 discs, but instructions mention anything more than 6 discs is un-needed, as quiet core only passes equivalent of 6 ... runs great, and much lower priced than most others ... got mine at rockymountainmc :D

• bayoubikebruiser

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:35 AM

My DRZ farts through an IDS2 and the difference was very noticeable on such a restricted bike.

Oddly, it made my bike MUCH louder than stock. I have 8 discs in it as I bought mine used and that's all that came with it. Over 6 and you have to use longer screws than originally supplied.

Alot lighter. I paid 35% of retail for a new one, so when I say I think it's a good buy, take that into account.

• roadcam

Posted August 25, 2005 - 09:08 AM

I run 8 discs, (even though it says more than 6 changes nothing, I figure when the packing starts deterioating, that may help) .. mine 'farted' after installation, too ... but opening up my low-speed jet a bit more, and the larger mainjet cured that ... all-around good pipe :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted August 25, 2005 - 09:34 AM

im runnin yoshi on my 1998xr650l.......to bad they discontinued it.

• GIANTac1

Posted August 25, 2005 - 02:37 PM

I can't comment on that but I run the E-Series form White Bros. It is louder than stock but not enough to piss off my neighbor at 7:30am. It helps having the tuning ability with the discs (albeit only a small amount).

I also have the White Bros. exhaust, love it. It is much louder than stock and will set off car alarms when cruising by them. I dont mind especially when its the owners of the cars/trucks who like bumping thier tunes all night :D

• Steve Pace

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:18 PM

Have you removed the smog kit that helps with the farting. E-series is quite nice

• george12

Posted August 25, 2005 - 08:31 PM

It is the only pipe I have used for the last 20 years, completely tunable. :D

• Dual_Dog

Posted August 27, 2005 - 06:49 AM

I'm looking at a quiet series Supertrapp IDS for my 99 XR650L. Has anybody used one on their 650L? I need something quiet enough for the street but with a little more power than stock.

Well made, decent sound, tuneable, fairly inexpensive & lightweight with good low-end performance. Can't ask for much more from one of the first companies to make slip-ons for Thumpers. :D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.