05 carb question

4 replies to this topic
  • dman450f

Posted August 24, 2005 - 05:06 PM

hey guys, so I just finished installing my zip ty fuel screw, all went well. My question is , have you noticed that after you tighten the clamp on the intake/carb that the carb still is a little loose ? I mean you can still turn it on the intake pretty easy...thoughts???

• clark4131

Posted August 24, 2005 - 06:48 PM

There is a little spacer-type stop that prevents the ring from tightening all the way. If you remove it, you'll get it real tight. However, after doing it this way for a while, you will stretch the ring and will ultimately need a new one. They're cheap, so I just considered it a normal wear item...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dman450f

Posted August 25, 2005 - 04:02 AM

thanks clark...again...

• 450 Hurricane

Posted August 25, 2005 - 05:46 AM

I've had my carb off several times and it has never been loose after I retightened the clamps. One time, however, I didn't get the boot seated properly and no matter how hard I tightened the clamp, the carb was still loose. After I fired it up, I could hear the air leak and realized something was loose. The boot wasn't fully seated on the underside of the carb. After I got the boot to properly seat around the carb and retightened clamp all was well.

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 25, 2005 - 02:18 PM

When I removed the fuel screw cover I simply rotated the carb without loosening clamp to access it. Looks like that is indeed the way they are designed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.