00 426 popping - Fuel Screw?

2 replies to this topic
  • yzsurfer

Posted August 24, 2005 - 04:25 PM

I've read the some of the older posts. My bike is running great until I let off the gas or am going downhill and down shift to decelerate, then it starts popping in the most annoying way.

About a year ago, I had Motoman393's quick adjust fuel screw fall out on a ride. The bike popped (similar to the way it does now) but wouldn't run unless I gassed it. I stopped and found the fuel screw hanging on my footpeg. Put it back in and went on my way. This got me thinking, so I pulled out the Zip-Ty quick adjust one that I put in later (just because of the bling factor) and found the rubber O-ring was missing. I'm guessing this is the problem, somehow air is getting by and creating the problem. Sound like I'm sniffing up the right tree?

The bike has a Hayabusa sparkplug cap that has the coil in it (stock coil removed).

Any thoughts, anyone?

Thanks, Jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted August 24, 2005 - 04:44 PM

The O ring could still be in the carb. You might be able to fish it out with the fuel screw. If not, that could definitely be the problem, but where did it go? :D :D
When did the problem start?

• yzsurfer

Posted August 24, 2005 - 08:42 PM

That's a good question! I don't remember NOT putting it on. Bike ran great for awhile (like a year). I did take out the new fuel screw and looked in the hole where it goes using a flashlight and saw nothing in there.

Forgot to mention that it has an 02 needle (thanks to Hick), BK mod, and power now mod. I've never changed the accelerator pump diaphram.

I think for now, I'll pull the carb and go through it. It could probably use it regardless,

Thanks, Jeff

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.