Handguards

20 replies to this topic
  • 450 Hurricane

Posted August 24, 2005 - 11:40 AM

Which handguards are people using? I would like to know which ones you feel are best to protect the clutch and front brake levers from getting bent.

Thanks!

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted August 24, 2005 - 12:38 PM

search this forum, tons of threads on em.

• byggd

Posted August 24, 2005 - 12:48 PM

Which handguards are people using? I would like to know which ones you feel are best to protect the clutch and front brake levers from getting bent.

Thanks!

I bought cycra's here at the TT store and am VERY impressed with the quality :D

• taksx

Posted August 24, 2005 - 01:21 PM

I bought cycra's here at the TT store and am VERY impressed with the quality :D

Ditto on the cycra's :D

• tony1970

Posted August 24, 2005 - 01:57 PM

Cyca Pro Bends. The best bar none. :D :D :D

• tp3dxf

Posted August 24, 2005 - 03:26 PM

Cyra Probends rule.

• banffboy

Posted August 24, 2005 - 04:42 PM

Enduro Engineering :D

• extex

Posted August 24, 2005 - 04:53 PM

another vote for Enduro Engineering. Very solid. I've got them on 2 bikes.

• storm 800

Posted August 24, 2005 - 04:53 PM

Acerabis Is the best for me! Nice fit too. Mine have the aluminum bar in the center like barkbusters

• Bamster

Posted August 24, 2005 - 05:08 PM

Another vote for Enduro Engineering.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtr1der

Posted August 24, 2005 - 05:55 PM

Acerabis Is the best for me! Nice fit too. Mine have the aluminum bar in the center like barkbusters

Acerbis on both my bikes. Never failed.

• Summit

Posted August 25, 2005 - 05:24 AM

I just put a set of Endureo Engineering guards on my 450 and they were easy to put on and seem to work really good. Look killer too.

• SPDFRK450

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:22 AM

I use the Tusk handguards. I used to use moose, but for some reason they never fit great on my bikes. The tusk is the best brand I have used so far, and they were a great deal. $50 for the handguards, and plastic brush guards at rockymountainmc.com

• Khari

Posted August 25, 2005 - 05:17 PM

Cycra Pro bends. Get 'em with the triple clamp mount. It's worth the extra few dollars. :D

• NewBee

Posted August 25, 2005 - 06:29 PM

Tusk guards are excellent. Moose suck.

• byggd

Posted August 27, 2005 - 04:31 AM

Cycra Pro bends. Get 'em with the triple clamp mount. It's worth the extra few dollars. :D

I'm running pro tapers and I used the handlebar mounts and they fit tits :D

• spy

Posted August 27, 2005 - 04:51 AM

I have on acerbis rally pro replicas(cant tell if there're acerbis, bought used) and their more like lever guards than handguards. The guards arent wide enough to cover my hands.

• mjslim

Posted August 27, 2005 - 11:20 AM

I'm running pro tapers and I used the handlebar mounts and they fit tits :D

Interestingly enough I'm running the same Cycra setup but I could not find a way to make the handlebar mount fit nicely with the clutch & hot start cables (on a 03 WR450) so I had to modify the mount. I also was not completely happy with the brake side fit but it was close enough to live with. And it would be nice if the handguard bars came pre-tapped so you wouldn't have to deal with the self-tapping screws (use some cutting oil or at least WD40). If my handlebars weren't offset 1-3/8" forward I would have went with the triple clamp mounts.
All griping aside, I will say that the handguards themselves are quality items and they are stout!

• bageera

Posted August 29, 2005 - 06:24 AM

I have an 04' WR450f. I really like fat bars. When I set up my bike I decided to ry Fastway gear. I bought their top fatbar clamp and hand guard set up. VERY SANO. Great fit and finish. Then I started riding with them. I average about 3000klm per month riding in the jungles of Cambodia. No joke. My WR has been absolutely reliable in rocks, sand, mud, water, tropical heat. My hand guards have taken BIG hits, and not tweeked... neither have my Renthall fatbars. My body, well that's another story, and I am no longer under warantee :-( My Fastway pegs are also great except in Big mud. The cleats are not suficient in the real gloppy stuff.

• bfly

Posted August 29, 2005 - 06:49 AM

I have Fastways on my WR and will probably put Cycras on my next bike. The Fastways took a lot of bending to get them to fit and then they striped out the bolt after a spill.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.