Dust to Glory out on DVD at Blockbuster

30 replies to this topic
  • captb

Posted August 23, 2005 - 08:38 PM

If you havn't seen it, check it out now on DVD. :D

• 600ish

Posted August 23, 2005 - 09:47 PM

What a great movie!!!! If you haven't seen it, go rent it. I ordered a copy from Amazon. Great race footage :eek: :D :eek: :D :D :D :D :eek:

• PowerCell

Posted August 23, 2005 - 10:02 PM

Gonna have to invest... :D

• Naru

Posted August 23, 2005 - 10:31 PM

I just went out and bought a copy, and everyone out there should do the same. The movie was already considered a flop based on reviews and revenue generated in the theaters, and if it doesn't sell well on DVD, we probably won't be seeing another high-budget motorcycle film like it for a very long time, if ever. Or, even worse, the next big motorcycle film might be the sequal to "Supercross: The Movie", and you don't want that do you? :D

• craft

Posted August 24, 2005 - 06:19 AM

I just went out and bought a copy, and everyone out there should do the same. The movie was already considered a flop based on reviews and revenue generated in the theaters, and if it doesn't sell well on DVD, we probably won't be seeing another high-budget motorcycle film like it for a very long time, if ever. Or, even worse, the next big motorcycle film might be the sequal to "Supercross: The Movie", and you don't want that do you? :D

Agreed...Don't rent it, buy it. The raw footage and "amazing moments" on the dvd is an added bonus to what we saw at the theater; there's a five minute helmet cam ride behind Mouse that is suhweeet. :D
It's $20 shipped from Amazon and well worth it. Support your sport. :D

• jpconard

Posted August 24, 2005 - 09:35 AM

I rented last night, now I am going to Best Buy or Wal-mart to get it. I don't buy many DVDs but this is worth every cent and then some.

I told my wife to go straight to BlockBuster, thinking they would be out, but they only had 3 total on shelf and none rented.

It was just not at enough theaters. I wanted to go but too far to drive. I think at only one theater in state of Missouri.

Think what this could be if filmed in IMAX and at the local wrap-around type IMAX theaters.

• Mike_Rides_Red

Posted August 24, 2005 - 02:35 PM

I just watched it last night and thought it was awesome. Going 70+ mph in foot deep talcum powder would be awfully scary. :D

• huntmaster

Posted August 24, 2005 - 02:51 PM

Unfortunately there is no relationship between movie quality and box office success, and Hollywood has never let any issues as irrelevant as "facts" get in the way of a good movie...motorcycle or otherwise. :D

And if it did well we would no doubt see something similar again...and again...

I just went out and bought a copy, and everyone out there should do the same. The movie was already considered a flop based on reviews and revenue generated in the theaters, and if it doesn't sell well on DVD, we probably won't be seeing another high-budget motorcycle film like it for a very long time, if ever. Or, even worse, the next big motorcycle film might be the sequal to "Supercross: The Movie", and you don't want that do you?

• Jayzonk

Posted August 24, 2005 - 08:00 PM

Hey HM, where did you get your copy of Dust to Glory from? Did you order it from Amazon? Is there anywhere in Canada where I can pick it up off the shelf?

• Naru

Posted August 24, 2005 - 08:24 PM

Actually, I was lamenting with the friend who saw it with me last night that I'd pay $20 every year just to have a quality recap of the event. It was extremely refreshing after spending the last 10 years watching Crusty Demons of Dirt and the like; the footage was simply un-paralleled with any other movie I can remember in recent memory.

On a side note, it would be incredibly cool if they did a sequal of the movie, but cronicled the Paris to Dakar Rally. :D

Unfortunately there is no relationship between movie quality and box office success, and Hollywood has never let any issues as irrelevant as "facts" get in the way of a good movie...motorcycle or otherwise. :D

And if it did well we would no doubt see something similar again...and again...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LVThumper

Posted August 24, 2005 - 10:38 PM

I tried to find it at Best Buy, they said they only received 2 copies!! :D I went to Wal Mart, they didn't have it either. The only good news is that with Blockbuster's new "no late fees" rules, just rent it, and don't return it. After about 13 days of over due, they will charge your account for the balance of the movie! :D :D I told them at the counter that I wasn't going to return it, and they really didn't care. I saw it in the theatre, and have been waiting ever since to pick it up! Amazing footage!! Even my 6 and 10 year olds liked it.

• Thumpmeister

Posted August 25, 2005 - 01:58 PM

I did the same thing at Blockbuster. I told them I wanted to buy the movie, and they said just keep it and they'll charge me the balance of it. The thing that was kinda cool, but kinda sucked at the same time, is that when I got the movie, no one else had rented it yet, so it was like buying a new movie. That was well worth the $21 for the movie, cause you just don't see that kinda footage ANYWHERE...

• jim1234

Posted August 25, 2005 - 06:22 PM

found it at target just watched it all I can is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Supplicate

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:32 PM

amazon.com is your friend people.

No sense taking one from Blockbuster when in a matter of days a brand new copy could be waiting in your mailbox.

• jpconard

Posted August 26, 2005 - 09:44 AM

I wish they had a WMV (windows media) HD version like they do of the "Step into Liquid" film from the same director. This is on the Windows website and links to Amazon where it is only $14.99 (2 disc set). I think this includes the standard as well as the 720p HD version.

Wonder if Dust to Glory will be made available in same way? Good way to try out my new 1080p LCD screen coming Wednesday.

By the way you can download a 3 minute clip of Dust to Glory at Microsoft website it is in 720p format - 240MB. Several other clips as well as full DVDs available.

• craft

Posted August 26, 2005 - 10:02 AM

I wish they had a WMV (windows media) HD version like they do of the "Step into Liquid" film from the same director. This is on the Windows website and links to Amazon where it is only $14.99 (2 disc set). I think this includes the standard as well as the 720p HD version.

Dolby Digital with component video and fiber optic audio is pretty sweet on my Yamaha...home theater that is. :D

• AzXr628

Posted August 26, 2005 - 05:24 PM

you can get it at Target 19.99

• XR250rdr

Posted August 26, 2005 - 10:47 PM

BB was completely sold out of every location in orange county and from bestbuy.com. I stopped by CC and they had 2 left tonight...well 1 after I left.

• bork

Posted August 27, 2005 - 09:19 PM

Just got mine tonight at Wal-mart .

• Edge316

Posted August 27, 2005 - 09:49 PM

I rented it from hollywood video today.Awesome movie.I wish I had seen it at the movies.I'll be buying it a.s.a.p.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.