does 01'426 have heavier flywheel than yz??

4 replies to this topic
  • 4Stroke4Life

Posted August 23, 2005 - 02:46 PM

i just put an 01'WR426 motor in my 99' YZ400, and i was wondering if it is common to put a flywheel weight on the WR as so many do for the YZ's. and man from reading some posts, starting this thing is going to be quite a bear.(myYZ400 had 450 cam) :D :D :D

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted August 23, 2005 - 07:24 PM

Yes, the flywheel is heavier on a WR than on a YZ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R_Little

Posted August 24, 2005 - 08:15 AM

The wr flywheel is bigger....I don't know if there is room under the cover for a weight. Let me know if you find out.

Thanks

• 4Stroke4Life

Posted August 24, 2005 - 08:58 AM

well i have a weight on my flywheel from my YZ400, and the weight is on the inside. so i am sure it would fit. are you saying that it could use a little heavier flywheel. that really is what i am asking, does the WR426 need a flywheel weight. is this a common mod??????

• sharpmarble

Posted August 24, 2005 - 11:50 AM

I wouldn't. The stock WR's flywheel is heavy enough.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.