Dunlop 952/Maxxis IT

4 replies to this topic
  • SPDFRK450

Posted August 23, 2005 - 02:08 PM

Does anybody have any input on the 952, or the Maxxis IT. I mean I have heard raves about the IT, and I am still running the stock 739's on my 426. My cousin rides an XR650r and we have been trying to figure out which one is a better tire. I am sure they both great tires, but I am just looking for input on hookup, and overall life expectancy. He burns through a new tire every time the throttle is twisted.

• SONODROOPY

Posted August 23, 2005 - 03:10 PM

I have been running the IT this summer and it seems to be holding up quite well. At first I thought it was going to wear out real quick because the back side of the nobbs rounded off after the first ride. However, after 7 good rides the tires look exactly the same. I would buy another set without question. Rockymountainmc.com has them pretty cheap. I think my 110/100 18 was only $44. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted August 24, 2005 - 02:59 AM

I love the Maxxis IT's. Best wear to grip ratio of any tire I've tried.

• targetdrone

Posted August 24, 2005 - 06:36 PM

My XR600 (plated) already had a Maxxis IT on the back when I got it. It is holding up better than the Dunlop D606 on the XL600 has. It is rather stiff and a pain to install, but I got a nail and had to ride home on the street. It let me putt along at 25-30mph. I'll consider another Maxxis when the one one there eventually wears out.

• Tber

Posted August 25, 2005 - 10:26 AM

I just yanked the It off my 650r, ran it till the knobs started ripping off.
Great tire when new, didn't last that long, but what tire does??
The only thing I didn't like about it was the weight. Real heavy tire..had to adjust my suspension stiffer to handle the extra unsprung weight.

The weight difference between the two is five pounds. Does anyone think that extra five pounds will effect performance in any other way besides adjusting the rear spring?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.