Look at what the Honda guys are having to deal with in their forum.

121 replies to this topic
  • Jimbo45

Posted September 02, 2005 - 02:26 AM

Wow, you guys are hilarious. Even though I asked the exact same question as posed by a yamaha rider, I have apparently struck a nerve. And, I have been called a moron. Awesome. I'm going to go adjust my valves now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BK14MX

Posted September 02, 2005 - 05:43 AM

Nope, the blue plastic will still turn white should the operator occasionally find himself behind someone on a track getting pelted by rocks. Thankfully it's not very often its a Honda since they only make a lap or two before puking thier engine out.

Good luck with your 06 reliability Honda-dude. Remember to pay down your Honda card so you can rebuild your engine in June.

You guys are hilarious, and may be taking this a little too seriously. :D

Having owned a Yamaha, and now owning a Honda, I can think of a list of things I had to fix to make the YZF, I blew a clutch basket, then a main bearing sent ball-bearings through the tranny, twice. Because of the great design the Yamie group came up with, a brass bushing in the clutch basket instead of an actual bearing. Sure, it wasnt valves that went, but how about the two gas tanks that broke, or the horrible brakes and crappy suspension.

OK, now onto the red bike, I did have valve trouble, once, and that was about 75 hrs ago, my rear brake has been a constant problem, clutch went out(inner hub), spokes loosen up regurlarly, had to re-jet it, my seat foam needs replacing, CB seal and bearings replaced. Stripped the oil drain bolt.

Pick your problems guys, each model has them. Race them and ride hard things break, but for shits sake, some of you need to switch to decaf :D

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.