Too much fuel leaking?

1 reply to this topic
  • spillicious

Posted August 23, 2005 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys...have a blonde question here...so stick with me on this one please. Fuel overflow hose...how much should really be coming out of this? I currently have a pretty steady flow and makes a puddle real quick. Why is this going on? How can i fix it, should i be worried about it...etc. Thanks a lot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGoalie

Posted August 23, 2005 - 01:59 PM

Hey guys...have a blonde question here...so stick with me on this one please. Fuel overflow hose...how much should really be coming out of this? I currently have a pretty steady flow and makes a puddle real quick. Why is this going on? How can i fix it, should i be worried about it...etc. Thanks a lot.

Your float level may be mis-adjusted or stuck open by some grime. Constant fuel dripping out the overflow is a good sign of that.

Clean your rig off real well.

Pull the carb completely off the bike and clean the whole thing out thoroughly.

Buy a manual btw if your not sure how to put the little bugger back together.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.