Brighter headlight for WRs

11 replies to this topic
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted August 23, 2005 - 07:38 AM

A while back Dirt Rider Mag. Did a story on lighting and said the WR could support a brighter Xenon type bulb in the stock light fixture.
Anyone have the part # or brand?
Thanks
Eric

• joshbeene

Posted August 23, 2005 - 03:38 PM

I put a Acerbis dual halogen light on my WR and it is very bright. I think that DHH also makes a dual halogen light for bikes also. Both lights are rated at 35w/35w. I spent a lot of time riding in Mexico with that light and it worked great!!!!!!!!!

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 23, 2005 - 03:50 PM

This was just a bulb swap.
Anyone?

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 23, 2005 - 04:22 PM

Found It!
Baja designs PN 130023 80/80 H4 PIAA Superwhite. 36.95
No modifications Nessesary
Eric

• bg10459

Posted August 23, 2005 - 05:58 PM

$37 for a bulb? :D
Let us know how it works.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 23, 2005 - 07:42 PM

[QUOTE]$37 for a bulb? [QUOTE] :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :p :D :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: I think I would ride in the dark. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted August 23, 2005 - 07:58 PM

I just put in a Silvania (sp?) Silverstar H4 bulb. Got it at Autozone for $22. Used it for a night race a couple weeks ago. Much brighter than stock and worked pretty well. Not nearly as bright as the guys running the dual Baja systems. But I only do a couple night races a year and can't justify the big bucks for the Baja setup.

Jerry

• jonova

Posted August 25, 2005 - 06:57 AM

PIAA H4 SUPER PLASMA GT-X, 60/55w = 135/125w

http://www.piaa.com/...s/Bulbs-H4.html

This bulb is incredible it puts out so much light. It is a 10V bulb that was designed to be run at 12V. This is how this bulb seams like a 135w bulb. I can't say enough about this. It plugs right in to the stock head light and you can get them almost any where. They come in a pack of two so go in with a buddie. I paid $60 for the pair off ebay. Do a google search and you will find lots of places to buy. You will not be disapointed with it! :D

• 2wheelbandit

Posted August 25, 2005 - 11:28 AM

Cool advise, I went to the PIAA sight. I sure looks like the right setup.

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 25, 2005 - 02:15 PM

Sounds good but I ride on the road and already get flashed by drivers alot because they think I have a "high beam" on. Even though light correctly aimed... Imagine the 135W effect. :D

• dirtr1der

Posted August 25, 2005 - 05:05 PM

I just put in a Silvania (sp?) Silverstar H4 bulb. Got it at Autozone for $22. Used it for a night race a couple weeks ago. Much brighter than stock and worked pretty well. Not nearly as bright as the guys running the dual Baja systems. But I only do a couple night races a year and can't justify the big bucks for the Baja setup.

Jerry

Ditto. I put a Sylvania in mine this year. Same bulbs I run in my car. Much brighter than stock and I think it was only 15 bucks at Murray's.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted September 03, 2005 - 07:37 AM

Got the PIAA bulb, Holly Crap is that thing bright!
It has to be 4-5 times as bright as the stocker.
Well worth the $$ for the night rider in me.
Eric

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.