woods set up

6 replies to this topic
  • waterdog3

Posted August 23, 2005 - 06:05 AM

just wondering what kind of riding set up everyone is running, as far as weight,springs, and clickers,tires, type of riding..........

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 23, 2005 - 09:41 PM

By far the best mod I have made it cutting my seat down. I like my Powermadd hand guards, because I can set them so when I wipe out they just move instead of breaking. On the same line I love my ASV levers. Still trying to dial in my suspension for my fat azz.

• waterdog3

Posted August 24, 2005 - 06:17 AM

04WR450,all the free mods. 6'1 230lbs. Waiting on new rear spring"6.2" & ".50" fork springs. should be in this week. I just put on new front and rear tires 120/100x18 DUNLOP 739 DESERT AT. Do not like it...at 6'1 i can't get my leg over the seat now. Going back to a 110/100x18.....JD KIT,YZ tank and plastics,trailtech computer, pro taper bars,run ready race preoiled filters. Maxxis SI front tire 15 psi. I ride hare scrambles and have been fighting the bike. little by little trying to get her dialed in on every aspect. Next big purchase will be a REKLUSE.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MathProf

Posted August 24, 2005 - 09:12 AM

I run Hare Scrambles and like a wheel that stays on the ground over roots and logs but doesn't bottom often on the big hits.

I have a .46 spring front, 5.2 spring rear and use the compression and rebound settings to control the wheels. Some will tell you that the springs are too soft but I have won Senior A and took Overall A at the last event. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying the springs work OK for me and I don't ride slow.

FMF Powercore 4 with a cut airbox and TwinAir Filter.

JD Jetting that requires a needle change above 9000ft.

That's all.

• JTWR450

Posted August 24, 2005 - 10:58 AM

I am running an 04 WR450. I have Lowered the sag about an inch or so. Acerbis handgaurds, Devol frame guards, MSR skid plate, and I am currently running a 120/100 Kenda Carlsbad rear and a Kenda Carlsbad front at stock size. The tires are GREAT and match up quite well. I also have a TwinAir and UNI air filters that I switch around depending on which one is dirty. I like the TwinAir better as it is a 2 stage filter that does NOT come apart. It just seems easier to clean. The best thing that I have done is the BRP Sub Mount triple clamp with a Scotts stabilizer!!!! This makes the bike a lot more controlable and keeps the fatigue to a minimum. Worth every penny. I will NEVER ride a bike without one again.

• dirtr1der

Posted August 24, 2005 - 06:24 PM

I run an 02 426. All the free mods. Race sag set at 100mm. Front clickers (both compression and rebound) are about 7 clicks off hard. Stock springs all the way around. I'm 6'1", 200 lbs. I haven't bottomed it out yet, but I dont air it out too often. Mostly woods riding. Pirelli MT 18's with a 120/100X18 on the rear. Too hard of a tire for the front in soft stuff, but the rear works great on all terrain and is holding up well. Gonna switch the front to a Michelin S12 next year. Acerbis handguards, ProTaper KX High Bend bars, no snorkel on the airbox and a GYTR silencer with the insert. Street legal (barely) and I use a Garmin ETrex Legend GPS with an external, double C battery pack.

• SXP

Posted August 24, 2005 - 07:01 PM

04WR450,all the free mods. 6'1 230lbs. Waiting on new rear spring"6.2" & ".50" fork springs.

0.50 in front is going to be STIFF! I'd think 0.48 for trail/woods riding would be perfect for your (my) weight - I run 0.48/6.2 and sometimes think the 0.48s are kinda stiff.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.