Acerbis disk cover?

4 replies to this topic
  • tony1970

Posted August 22, 2005 - 09:53 PM

Does anyone know if the standard Acerbis disk cover will fit a '05 450? They only list up to '04 on their site and on the TT store. Thanks for the help. :D

• Johnny34

Posted August 23, 2005 - 09:15 AM

The answer is no, not without some modification. To mount the disk cover you must first mount the adapter to the front axel/brake assembly. The mounting holes that the adapter uses are for the '04 and prior WR's. For the '05, one mounting point uses the front axel shaft. The other mount point goes to a bolt on the brake assembly that isn't there anymore. I made a bracket that allowed me to attach the adapter as a work around.

Now for the reality check. The plastic cover and plastic adapter are so flimsy that one good blow from a rock would probably tear it right off. I removed mine about five minutes after I put it on. There is no way it would stay on once I hit the trails. If your still interested in getting one then let me know, I'll sell you mine cheap. (never been used ) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted August 23, 2005 - 10:45 AM

I just spoke with the engineering dept. at Cycra and they will have one available for the '05 in a couple of months. They have the prototype finished are in the process of tooling up for production. I've seen one on an earlier WR and they are substantially more rugged than the Acerbis, IMHO...SC

• tony1970

Posted August 23, 2005 - 03:22 PM

Thanks guys! You saved me time and money. I am going to look into other options and see what the Cycra looks like too. I can always count on TT's like you to help me out. :D Thanks again. :D

• bcavmechanic

Posted August 24, 2005 - 02:03 PM

I use the Acerbis Spider Evolution disk guard. It has an aluminum mount that replaces the wheel spacer and a plastic guard. I have had mine for two years and it works great. Check it out at http://rockymountain...uct_Details.atv you have to buy the mount separately.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.