What is it worth??

18 replies to this topic
  • reddrig

Posted August 22, 2005 - 05:03 PM

Thinking of selling the bike for personal reasons. Wanted to know what you guys think a fair price is for me and Buyer.

05 Yamaha WR450 400 miles.
Pro Taper bars.
Scotts stearing dampner.
Trailtech computer.
Works frame guards.
FMf Factory 4 system (Titanium).
AIS smog junk removed.
J/D Jet kit installed.
Zip-Ty fuel screw.
Zip-Ty radiator braces.
Kendon three rail M/C traler ($2000 new) may sell this seprate.
Many more little things to much to list.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• flatnacker

Posted August 22, 2005 - 05:29 PM

Dam have you ever even riden that thing??? Looks like you spent a heap of money and maybe rode it once??? Wish you were in Australia I would take it of your hands :D

• farkawi

Posted August 22, 2005 - 05:33 PM

Wow! with only 400mi on it, ye've not even got it broken in. I'd try for retail and field offers. If you can only get under 6g for it; I'd peel off the high dollar accessories and sell 'em on Ebay....eg the pipe, damper, clamp & computer.

• reddrig

Posted August 22, 2005 - 05:45 PM

Only ridden in ca desert. No mud or rain so it stayed nice and clean not to mention I clean after every use. I was thinking btwn $5700 and 6000 with all the work I have done. I have considered E-Bay, but want the buyer to have a great bike. I think someone who knows bike will pay a fair price with the options.

• flatnacker

Posted August 22, 2005 - 05:55 PM

Dam if that was over here in Oz you would sell that in two seconds flat for that price :D

• storm 800

Posted August 22, 2005 - 05:55 PM

I would take that computer off your hands if your interested!

• walent215

Posted August 23, 2005 - 02:54 AM

la yamaha is selling brand new 05s for 6299 otd.

• Bamster

Posted August 23, 2005 - 03:31 AM

You are best to put all stock parts back on and sell the bike.
E-bay all the goodies. This would be your best return hands down.
It sure is a sweet ride.

• taksx

Posted August 23, 2005 - 08:15 AM

NB Police!! I'm in Costa Mesa.
If you do take the good stuff off...How much for the scotts? :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • reddrig

Posted August 23, 2005 - 08:46 AM

To be honest I don't have most of the stock stuff. So the goodies will stay on the bike. Let your friends know about the bike. It will be a great deal for a luckyu buyer. Basically a new bike with all the upgrades done. Call me if you know anyone who is interested 949-525-2843

• byggd

Posted August 23, 2005 - 10:29 AM

To be honest I don't have most of the stock stuff. So the goodies will stay on the bike. Let your friends know about the bike. It will be a great deal for a luckyu buyer. Basically a new bike with all the upgrades done. Call me if you know anyone who is interested 949-525-2843

I'm down in Corona.....if it were plated i'd be all over it!

• bluesbrother

Posted August 23, 2005 - 10:41 AM

I have a question about the stock odometer, does the trailtech mount over the top without removing the stock? Very nice bike!

• dez4ever

Posted August 23, 2005 - 11:00 AM

That's a nice bike, bummer for having to sell it. I sure hope it's not over a woman...I'd get rid of her first. I basically have the same bike, but it's an 04. It sounds like your in the right price range. I was thinking somewhere around $5800.00 would be a good starting point and if you have to drop down to a couple of hundred. For a return on the money you put out for the aftermarket stuff you pretty much end of taking it in the shorts.

Good luck,

Bob

• dez4ever

Posted August 23, 2005 - 11:02 AM

The Scotts upper tripleclamp doesn't really have a mounting spot for the stock odo, and if you put the money out for the Trailtech, why would you leave the stock one on?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 23, 2005 - 02:19 PM

PM me please !!!!!!!!!!!!

• reddrig

Posted August 23, 2005 - 05:16 PM

I removed the stock odometer when the trailtech went on. The bike is only seven months old so milegage is not really an issue. The stock odometer would not fit with the trailtech..

• Push Rod

Posted August 23, 2005 - 05:46 PM

You would probably make out better selling the mods indepedently. I certainly would be interested in the bars, dampner, and computer. PM me if interested.

• vantolr

Posted August 23, 2005 - 07:06 PM

Only ridden in ca desert. No mud or rain so it stayed nice and clean not to mention I clean after every use. I was thinking btwn $5700 and 6000 with all the work I have done. I have considered E-Bay, but want the buyer to have a great bike. I think someone who knows bike will pay a fair price with the options.

That seems very reasonable to me. If you lived closer I would even consider upgrading for that price.

• Math

Posted August 24, 2005 - 05:26 AM

I'll tell you... with so low mileage and all the upgrades, I would be ready to pay even more than for a brand new. If the new ones retail for 6300 in Calif,then 5700-6000 sounds like a heck of a good deal to me . :D

Talk about a nice ride. It's not just the numerous upgrades, it's what upgrades! JD jetting kit, Pro Taper, Scotts, FMF... everything sounds sweet :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.