fork seal leak

3 replies to this topic
  • sportbiker929

Posted August 22, 2005 - 02:48 PM

Isn't there a trick to try before changing them??

Just picked up the bike and it is great.

• 642MX

Posted August 22, 2005 - 04:36 PM

I pull down the dust boots and run a .001 feeler guage between the fork and the seal. Sometimes it will clear out the dirt in the seal, other times it won't.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RJB

Posted August 22, 2005 - 06:35 PM

If you've got any tearoffs, you could try insert one of those, or some 35mm film strips. It helped me for a while, but eventually they still needed replacing. Just got mine back from having some Race Tech valves and the right springs put in and its like riding a new bike. Hats off to the folks at ProPrivateer in Texas (nope I have affiliation, other than the money I spent). :D

• revolucien

Posted August 22, 2005 - 07:19 PM

leaking fork seal, check this step-by-step with pics

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.