XR650L Graphics?

4 replies to this topic
  • rotten_tommy

Posted August 22, 2005 - 01:07 PM

I just bought a 06 650L. Waiting for delivery on 6 sept. Ive been looking at Mods for it all ready. Taillight conversion, smog block off, pipes, bars. I plan on reducing the weight and trying to get some more power out of it. Any suggestions. I also want to put a graphics kit on it so it wont look like every other one out there. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks

• Chooch

Posted August 22, 2005 - 02:01 PM

Graphics...I've yet to find a set..I bought some generic honda stuff but since took it off....goin' minimalist!

Everything you mentioned so far is a must...DO NOT forget about a rejet and a pipe the stock header is actually pretty decent, I changed it and only got 1 more HP on the dyno. Ohh, don't forget a free-flow filter like a UNI...Let 'er breathe!

I'm assuming you'll be riding more dirt than street??? If so, consider gearing 14 front/48rear are a big improvement for trail riding.
The Clarke 4.7 gallon tank is also a nice choice.

TIRES are a MUST! Don't even waste your time or risk your ass riding off road with the crap they come with. I run a bridgestone DOT Knobby front and a terraFlex DOT rear(Monster of a tire).

Have fun..these bikes are a blast when you get them right! Good luck with it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted August 22, 2005 - 04:03 PM

I just bought a 06 650L. Waiting for delivery on 6 sept. Ive been looking at Mods for it all ready.

Definitely know the feeling, better than Xmas.

Taillight conversion, smog block off, pipes, bars. I plan on reducing the weight and trying to get some more power out of it. Any suggestions.

A picture is always worth more than words. :D
Posted Image

I also want to put a graphics kit on it so it wont look like every other one out there. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks

Check out One Industries. They make all sorts of graphics kits. Make sure you get perforated decals. Non-perfs will bubble on "pourus" plastic tanks...:D

Current mods to date (with more planned):98 XR650L - "What else can I do to it?" Supertrapp IDS2 w/7 discs, no smog, jetted, slide drilled, needle shimmed, Uni-air, de-snorkled, BD bash plate, Clarke 4.0, Renthal CR-Hi bars, 15-45 street & 14-45 dirt, DOT knobs, Burley pegs, cs cover ovals cut out, Acerbis fork/disc guard, front fender bobbed, bored & screened, head light rock guard, Maier XR style tail/brake light conversion, magnetic drain plug, all safetys bypassed, full synthetic & lowered.

• 2006XR650L

Posted August 23, 2005 - 08:26 AM

HEY! congratulations! i bought the first 2006 xr650L i could find and i love it! i will admit that i was a bit disappointed at how choked down it was from the factory,but it is uncorked with the standard mods that you read about on these forums and brother,it is a whole new bike now! the first thing you need to do is the standard carb mods and foam air filter,it will make the most difference...enjoy,enjoy!!

• goblin127

Posted August 23, 2005 - 05:43 PM

Add some stainless brake lines. Gaffer from rocky mountain.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.