Spark plug removal

Hi guys I need help from the UK boys. Having jumped off a CR250 I am pulling my hair out trying to get the fouled plug out of my WR426. Can anyone recommend a good place to get hold of the special wrench?

Fester :D

That's what I use too. Does anyone know if the Yamaha tool allows you to change it without pulling the seat and tank?

It's impossible to change the spark plug with the tank on. While your changing your plug its a good time to remove the engine mount and valve cover and check the valves. :D

It's impossible to change the spark plug with the tank on. While your changing your plug its a good time to remove the engine mount and valve cover and check the valves. :D

I was thinking more of if I ever foul the plug while out riding. Every bike I have ever owned I have carried a spare. Guess I will need to start packing a few more tools to at least lift the front of the tank.

i've mod my bike to fit a yz450f plastic. tank, shroud, air box, seat, side panels n tail all taken from a yz450f. bike now has better ergonomics. best of all, the spark plugs can be easily removed wif out removing the tank n shroud.

here's a picture of my ride..

http://slackriders.com/fo2rum/uploads/images/7c6b18453a3b69a1b4be0d3914437b00.jpg

i've mod my bike to fit a yz450f plastic. tank, shroud, air box, seat, side panels n tail all taken from a yz450f. bike now has better ergonomics. best of all, the spark plugs can be easily removed wif out removing the tank n shroud.

http://slackriders.com/fo2rum/uploads/images/7c6b18453a3b69a1b4be0d3914437b00.jpg

I go on some long rides so I like the larger tank.

Nice Bike BTW

I use a 'T' handle spark plug wrench made for removing spark plugs deep inside the valve covers for overhead cam automobile engines. Works really well and they have the rubber grommet in the socket to hold the plug in place during installation and removal.

Also, clean the frame and motor above and around the head, and make sure to blow out the plug well with compressed air before removing it. Don't want any "stuff" gettin' down in the cylinder. :D

How involved was this process??? A quick description of what you had to do would be nice.