Decision Has Been Made!

14 replies to this topic
  • anvilair

Posted August 22, 2005 - 07:24 AM

Hey guys,
I started a thread about a Wr 450 in the crate, and received several great responses regarding a good deal on '03 versus just getting an '05.
First of, thanks for all the input! You guys were real helpful and I look forward to posting in this forum once I have my hands on my 2005 WR 450! :D
2 reasons I am going with the '05;
1). After all I have read here, the '05 has some nice upgrades.
2). My bonus check was a little bigger than I expected, so I am going to spoil myself. I have never owned a new dirtbike, I have always bought used.
It's about time! :D

Once again thanks for all the help, and I will update my garage as soon as I have my hands on the WR. (gotta change my Avatar to... :D )
That should be within the next few weeks!

• Bamster

Posted August 22, 2005 - 02:52 PM

:D :eek: :D :eek: :D

• Matty05

Posted August 22, 2005 - 04:14 PM

Nice to hear. You won't be dissapointed (ok, I was first time I started it up. So quiet, I thought what have I brought. I just felt worse when my mates started their YZ450's for the first time too)

I've never owned a second hand bike, I don't like the idea of buying someone elses problems.

• old man dan

Posted August 22, 2005 - 04:18 PM

Good to hear about your decision, I rode mine all weekend after finishing all the free mods during the week. You won't be sorry.

• dman450f

Posted August 22, 2005 - 05:29 PM

well done my friend,well done......it will be very tame out of the box,but that will soon change,and thats part of the fun!!!

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 22, 2005 - 06:16 PM

Congrats. I was disappointed at first, but once I finished all the free mods, and put over 100 miles on the bike to break it in, it really came to life. :D

• Gadsen

Posted August 22, 2005 - 08:16 PM

...and I will update my garage as soon as I have my hands on the WR. (gotta change my Avatar to... :D )
That should be within the next few weeks!

Well, you will throw rocks at those Honda now, and I mean literally, with your roost! Nice choice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • anvilair

Posted August 23, 2005 - 09:37 AM

Congrats. I was disappointed at first, but once I finished all the free mods, and put over 100 miles on the bike to break it in, it really came to life. :D

Thank God TT is here to help me through the free mods!
I can't wait to get it out on the trail! :D

• Koko

Posted August 30, 2005 - 10:47 AM

So have you picked up your bike yet?

• anvilair

Posted August 30, 2005 - 11:37 AM

Paid for on 08/27/05.
Being assembled this week. (was still in crate)
I should have it by 09/07 or so.
Can't wait!
I will post pics on a new thread the day I get it!

• 450 Hurricane

Posted August 30, 2005 - 11:44 AM

Anvilair:

Do yourself a favor, study the free mods in depth so you are totally familiar with them, ride the bike completely stock for a day or so, then do the free mods the next day and ride again. You will be blown away!. By the way, give yourself plenty of room on this ride to feel the full power of your new fire breathing machine.

A few weeks later, get out your wallet, install a few of the upgrades you hear everyone talking about (JD kit, Power Now, exhaust, etc.) and get ready to be blown away all over again!

• anvilair

Posted August 30, 2005 - 11:50 AM

Anvilair:

Do yourself a favor, study the free mods in depth so you are totally familiar with them, ride the bike completely stock for a day or so, then do the free mods the next day and ride again. You will be blown away!. By the way, give yourself plenty of room on this ride to feel the full power of your new fire breathing machine.

A few weeks later, get out your wallet, install a few of the upgrades you hear everyone talking about (JD kit, Power Now, exhaust, etc.) and get ready to be blown away all over again!

Plan on it! :D
Can't wait!!!!!!

• Koko

Posted August 30, 2005 - 12:13 PM

Paid for on 08/27/05.
Being assembled this week. (was still in crate)
I should have it by 09/07 or so.
Can't wait!
I will post pics on a new thread the day I get it!

Sweet don't forget my PM when your deal is all done! :D

• dirtr1der

Posted August 30, 2005 - 05:03 PM

Congrats. Welcome to the club!!!!!! You will love to ride it every time you throw a leg over it!
:D

• dman450f

Posted August 30, 2005 - 07:31 PM

you made the right choice , every time I ride I smile the WHOLE TIME.... :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.