'98 Yz 400 cam

2 replies to this topic
  • RF1

Posted August 21, 2005 - 06:49 AM


Does anyone know if I can get an exhaust camshaft cap. I do not want to spend the money for a new head when all I need is the cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DigilubeJay

Posted August 22, 2005 - 04:32 AM


You may be able to get what you need form the OEM store here at TT ???

The valve lifter will run about $32

You could try this link if TT can't get them (surely they can): http://www.powersportspro.com/

After reading again I realize it's a cam (plain bearing) cap insted of a lifter you are after.
Yikes....what did you do to ruin a cam cap?
You may indeed have a hard time finding one of those easily.

Was the motor running when this cap failed? What was the cirmustances surrounding it's failure? I only ask because it may not be the only damaged item.

  • RF1

Posted August 22, 2005 - 05:29 AM


I just lost it.

Related Content


Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • * * * * *
  • 10 replies

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.