03 wr 450 fuel tank split and whats a good after market tank

5 replies to this topic
  • nitro circus

Posted August 21, 2005 - 12:00 AM

my tank split on my bike only 2500miles on it, about 1'' under that screw were the rubber strap goes and just above the seam, so it's not the seam that has split,has this happen to anyone else .
and whats a good after market tank.
btw iam so f@#king pissed off with the f@#king f@#kers at f@#king yamaha it's sh@t like this that makes me want a honda

• luckyfly

Posted August 21, 2005 - 04:38 AM

hey there was a thread on DBW a few months ago, pretty sure it was a '03 model and warranty covered it if Im remembering correctly. Should help you get the same deal.

• dman450f

Posted August 21, 2005 - 05:52 PM

get the acerbis 3.4 clear tank,you will love it,and have 100 mile range... :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sierra Smokey

Posted August 21, 2005 - 07:24 PM

Acerbis. Mine's blue though. :D

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 21, 2005 - 08:21 PM

I have a Clarke tank(black) and love it. The fit and finish is perfect and the swap only took a few minutes. Do a search, there have been some good threads on the subject.

• MasiveMoe

Posted August 22, 2005 - 06:34 PM

I second the vote for a Clarke. Mine's clear in color for off-road racing though. Fit and install is a breeze............

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.