Unabikers on a WR426??

5 replies to this topic
  • jbrooks26

Posted August 20, 2005 - 01:25 PM

Hey Guys,

I just installed my new guards and braces from Unabikers today. The fit was horrible!!! I had to move 2 holes on the right side guard 1/2", it wasn't even close. :D On top of that, I had to bend the brace on the same side so that it wouldn't pinch the wiring against the frame. I could have probably shimmed it out, but then the bolt would not have been long enough after I did the same thing on the left side so that the rubber oil tube would not get pinched off. They look cool and all, but I was totally disappointed with the fit. :D I hope they perform better. Anyone else have these problems???

Josh

• CRFThumper

Posted August 20, 2005 - 01:30 PM

Ours were great!!That was on a yz however.Bolted rite up.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 20, 2005 - 04:37 PM

Yes, I thought the same thing :D . Then I realized my rads were already bent :D . I should have put the Unibikers on when I first got my bike. I would bet you dollars to donuts that if you take your rads off and have them looked at by a professional, your unibikers would go right on. I fought mine tooth and nail. So much so my one radiator started leaking just from puting on the rad guard. I had mine straightened, and BINGO, perfect fit. I was AMAZED. Hope that is the case with you. I love my Unibikers. They will be the first thing on any bike I ever buy. Good luck. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted August 20, 2005 - 06:11 PM

I just had my left one straightened, thus the purchase of the guards and braces. I bought this bike new as a left over in 2004, and there are no stress marks in the right shroud. However, that doesn't mean that it could not be bent. I also notice that on the left side, the top of the rad guard is paralell with the top of the rad. The right however, is not. I think that the part may have shifted in their break while it was being bent. Probably a one in a million problem, but I was disapointed anyway. Not enough to go to the expense of sending them back though. I do think they look nice, and I hopefully won't need to worry about bent radiators in the future.

Josh

• fish525

Posted August 21, 2005 - 09:18 AM

I put them on be for I eve road my 05 450 and they fit like crap I had to drill new holes in both sides not to mention the right side was bent all wrong and had to get another one sent :D but once they are on 11 desert races with a few hard get offs and they are still straight as a arrow :D

• jbrooks26

Posted August 21, 2005 - 12:01 PM

I put them on be for I eve road my 05 450 and they fit like crap I had to drill new holes in both sides not to mention the right side was bent all wrong and had to get another one sent :D but once they are on 11 desert races with a few hard get offs and they are still straight as a arrow :D

This is good to hear, I need the performance. I don't fall often, but when I do it is not good. Thanks,

Josh

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.