Who makes the best 450 top end kits?

9 replies to this topic
  • dunecj2a

Posted August 19, 2005 - 09:41 PM

I have always gone to Pro Circuit for my KX's and my wife's Banshee. Vertex pistons have always been bullet proof for me. I was really hard on two stroke motors and would usually run them till they kicked like a 450 :D
YZF's are a totally different monster though. What do you guys think. I wanna do my top end before I hit Glamis this halloween. My bike has a CRAP-LOAD of hours on it and a whole season of sand from last year. :D

• Gerry B

Posted August 20, 2005 - 11:29 AM

Personally, I would use only OEM parts. I have heard stories about aftermarket pistons in yamaha 4 stroke motors.

• dunecj2a

Posted August 23, 2005 - 12:17 PM

Is anyone running an aftermarket piston :D

• biznet1

Posted August 23, 2005 - 04:18 PM

Is anyone running an aftermarket piston :D

I hear many people say to use only OEM. I also hear people say to use Wiseco. I personally installed a Wiseco topend and was very pleased. This is what I've read, so guys, don't start beating me up. The Wiseco is forged and it has a slightly larger clearance. The reason being, they tend to expand slightly more from the heat. The end result is supposed to be a better ring seal when at optimal temperature. I'm not claiming this at all, but just what I read. Anyway, I did see a slight increase in power with my bike after the rebuild, and I didn't have any problems at all.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 23, 2005 - 07:52 PM

Personally, I would use only OEM parts. I have heard stories about aftermarket pistons in yamaha 4 stroke motors.

Ditto that. Go OEM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dunecj2a

Posted August 25, 2005 - 10:31 AM

Ditto that. Go OEM.

Yeah I think so :D

• machoman_#618

Posted August 25, 2005 - 02:57 PM

I would check with the crf guys,lol

• Pincushion

Posted August 25, 2005 - 03:16 PM

I've got a Wiseco in now, but dont have enough time on it to give it the stamp of approval yet. It does not 'slap around' in the cylinder as I've heard some people say and it has no trouble making big power.

• jeff_wsu

Posted August 25, 2005 - 03:25 PM

I would check with the crf guys,lol

Man, I tell ya, why is it when anybody asks a decent question someone comes along and instead of contribuiting to the topic starts to bash another brand? Hummmmm. Can't we all just get along and give some good advice? :D

• oldblue

Posted August 25, 2005 - 03:49 PM

I put a Wiseco in a few months and its been working well. No issues, knock on wood :D !

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.