loudest exhaust for yz450f

32 replies to this topic
  • dezertrider5

Posted August 19, 2005 - 08:53 PM

I was wondering which is the loudest exhaust system that you guys have ever heard around the track or used on your yz450f.Thanks for helping me out I ride on Baja almost every weekend and like to get mexican ranchers mad when i go by hauling ass but I want more sound than the stocker.

• grayracer513

Posted August 19, 2005 - 08:55 PM

At the risk of being blunt, you're a jackass. :D

• old-n-sloow

Posted August 19, 2005 - 09:10 PM

:D :D :D ^^^What he said^^^ :eek: :eek: :eek:

• mx_crash

Posted August 19, 2005 - 09:22 PM

:D it's people like you that get riding areas closed down.

• tacoma426

Posted August 19, 2005 - 09:45 PM

More performance = good :D
Louder = bad :D

• dezertrider5

Posted August 19, 2005 - 09:53 PM

Im sorry I said i was just wonderinnnnnnnnggggggg

• djo269

Posted August 19, 2005 - 11:08 PM

Get the Dr. D slip-on. That is what I have. It gives the bike a nice growl! Its louder at higher revs but quieter at lower revs compared to stock.

• bg10459

Posted August 20, 2005 - 02:24 AM

Louder, wow. Try the stock WR pipe with the cork for a day then go back to the YZ pipe. It's what I use and it's plenty loud and powerful. If not, send me your YZ pipe.

• ovrrdrive

Posted August 20, 2005 - 02:45 AM

Why don't you just throw grenades at them as you go by?

:D

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 20, 2005 - 05:29 AM

Try the FMF-Q, loudes thing since open headers...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Reyndogg

Posted August 20, 2005 - 09:41 AM

just take the muffler off and run the head pipe open...all the cool people are doing it :D

:D

• 426boy

Posted August 20, 2005 - 10:32 PM

titanum 4 is prety freekin loud

• Satch0922

Posted August 21, 2005 - 12:29 PM

I was wondering which is the loudest exhaust system that you guys have ever heard around the track or used on your yz450f.Thanks for helping me out I ride on Baja almost every weekend and like to get mexican ranchers mad when i go by hauling ass but I want more sound than the stocker.

Unbelievable.
:D :D

• 93gt

Posted August 21, 2005 - 02:28 PM

WOW! Up here in the snowbelt, of course we ride snowmobiles too and on the Ski-Doo website I belong to the same questions get the same type of answers! Dont ride to piss people off! Its bad enough watching riding areas going away because of housing developments!! If you want a loud bike, get a Harley and get the shortest drag pipes you can find and have a ball! The trails(around me anyway) are like an endagered species; be super appreciative to the people who surround them!

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 21, 2005 - 08:43 PM

Ditto. No one will even make a loud exhaust anymore.

• Matty05

Posted August 21, 2005 - 08:49 PM

*******! All of you!

I got a Procircuit Ti GP on mine and a mate has the same on his YZ450F.
They are nice and loud now!!!! So much more power too.
Being quiet is only restricting power. I don't care what anyone says.
You don't see drag cars using mufflers!

• NAFLASH

Posted August 21, 2005 - 09:37 PM

yea what he said^^^^.......... :D

• rasta

Posted August 21, 2005 - 09:44 PM

if you want to make your dirt bike loud than do it, tired of all these bull**** laws, tired of having to drive 3 hours to ride at a park were they dont check for red sticker and sound test, i still use quiet core inserts and spark arresters whenever i can but you do what you want. f*** the world and these tree hugging hippies

• Ga426owner

Posted August 22, 2005 - 06:01 AM

Loudest is not the best! :D

• grayracer513

Posted August 22, 2005 - 07:09 AM

The thing is, I like the sound of a completely opened up exhaust on a sharply tuned engine as much as anyone, at least on a four-stroke. That's what we all ran back in the day. At the drags, or on a closed course like a half-mile or TT, or road course, I think they should be run that way, with consideration given to the location. But the fact is that is that modern exhaust design has reduced the effect of mufflers on four-cycle engines to an unprecedented low point (on a two-stroke, there is virtually no penalty associated with mufflers at all). Besides, you aren't on the planet by yourself, and some consideration has to be given to those around you.

My real problem is this:

I ... like to get mexican ranchers mad when i go by ...

It's bad enough when you have a comparatively loud bike and you can't show the courtesy to move an extra 500 yards away from where everyone is camped in the desert to run back and forth in a straight line for an hour at a time, but when you do something deliberate to annoy non-participants, it's not only bad for the sport, it's just basically inexcusable anti-sociality.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.