Help!!!!!!!!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • StPeters21

Posted August 19, 2005 - 06:38 PM

I am very close to going and buying a honda. I only have 1 local yamaha dealer that is decent to deal with, and they went sour. So after many many years of riding blue I think that I am going to go RED :D . Please help convince me :D ????????????????/

thanks

Chad

• 02YZ426

Posted August 19, 2005 - 06:46 PM

You will regret leaving the winning team :D What do you need a dealer for anyway? Just order your parts and stuff online, in most cases it can be quicker than dealers anyway.

• cobra427

Posted August 19, 2005 - 07:03 PM

The fact that you have always rode Yamahas and have stated nothing negative speaks for itself. You are only considering a Honda because of dealership availability, in essence by default. Your experience with Yamaha brings this old adage to mind...."You can't fix what isn't broke." The minute something goes wrong with the Honda you'll be saying to yourself, "I knew I should have gotten the Yamaha." I'm not going to convince you into doing anything, Yamaha's track, performance and reliability record should be able to do that all on its own. :D

• SM421

Posted August 19, 2005 - 07:07 PM

Wait for the magazine tests on all the 2006's before you decide. If you just can't control yourself and decide to go RED, you won't be disappointed. I just spent 3 years on a CRF450. It was a great bike.

Personally, I have my fingers crossed that Yamaha is pissed off that Honda was selected "bike of the year" 3 years in a row and they went all out to insure their '06 is the bike to beat. I want a yellow one!

• ovrrdrive

Posted August 20, 2005 - 02:48 AM

www.rockriverpowersports.com

Send Mike an email and tell him you need a good deal on a new yz450 and heard about him on TT. I got my YZ450 for $5100 shipped, my TTR125 for $2000, and my TTR90 for $1478. He has saved me over $3500 compared to what the local stealer wanted to charge me.

I say buy the bike from them, and get accessories from the local idiots.

Email Mike and see what he has to say. You have nothing to lose.

Mike DuClos [ mike@rockriverpowersports.com ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted August 20, 2005 - 12:26 PM

Send Mike an email and tell him you need a good deal on a new yz450 and heard about him on TT. I got my YZ450 for $5100 shipped, my TTR125 for $2000, and my TTR90 for $1478. He has saved me over $3500 compared to what the local stealer wanted to charge me.

Unbelievable prices, you sure know where to buy from :D

• ovrrdrive

Posted August 20, 2005 - 06:29 PM

Unbelievable prices, you sure know where to buy from :D

When I see what others are paying, it almost makes me feel guilty... :D

:D

• StPeters21

Posted August 25, 2005 - 05:16 PM

I just ordered a yellow one on wed. I'm very happy with my decision. :D

Thank You all.

I had a weak moment :D

• tacoma426

Posted August 25, 2005 - 06:50 PM

:D :D great decision!!!

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 25, 2005 - 08:24 PM

Dont go red unless you like working on your bike, INSTEAD of riding it!

Follow this link!!

• bob333

Posted August 27, 2005 - 11:06 AM

if find fully loaded yzf450's all the time for 2600 :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.