Cleaning the Hot Start on a '01 426

No replies to this topic
  • Yamaguy4Life

Posted August 19, 2005 - 08:38 AM

I know that this is a dumb question, but how the he** do you take the hot start button out of the carb to clean it?

My bike is now impossible to start hot. I can kick forever and I get nothing. It'll bump start in a second, and cold start easy too, but nothing when it's hot. I bought it at the beginning of the year and at first had no problems with hot starts. It has the Hot Cam mod and was always easy to get going.
But now, nothing.

I was reading on another post that the hot start can get clogged. Actually, my bike also has started to backfire when trying to restart hot too, which this post said is another indicator of a clogged hot start.

I'd like to try to clean it out, but I can't figure out how to get it out of the carb. In the old days I would just get out the monkey wrench and force it loose. But I try not to resort to my Primitive Pete past and now I ask before I bring out the BFH and rip it off.

Help???

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.