Evil dealers, cycletrader, and 06 450s

23 replies to this topic
  • Jetsprint2

Posted August 25, 2005 - 12:00 PM

Motorcycle Brokers claims to be receiving their 2006 YZ 450F's in September has anyone else heard about an early delivery through Canada?

tx!

You do not want a Canadian bike, they are a different bike from the US version.

• bigblue450

Posted August 25, 2005 - 03:12 PM

How are they different?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SCIENCE

Posted August 26, 2005 - 12:08 PM

There only a couple of differences. Contingency, Tires & warranty.
I bought an '03 YZ250F from Canada and had no problems. In fact the exchange rate was so good at the time that I was able to sell it a year later for almost what I payed for it! At that time the bike came w/a diff silencer (FIM model) & different tires (I think they were 756's) & no 30 day warranty. These bikes also are not eligible for Contingency. If you are racing and looking to earn a couple $ don't buy Canadian.
Lastly, you will not get much in the way of dealer support. This fact didn't/doesn't bother me.

The biggest question I have is how are Motorcycle Brokers (& Canada) getting their bikes so much earlier than the uS dealers?

• markhardgrove

Posted September 04, 2005 - 04:55 AM

Checked back with Motorcycle Brokers and they claim the 2006 YZ450F is the US Model and that they will be available in September?

Will keep you posted. Anyone heard anything about these bikes being tested anywhere yet?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.