03 yz450 exh cam in my 99 yz400f, what is needed?

4 replies to this topic
  • viggen

Posted August 18, 2005 - 07:37 PM

I went to my local dealership & purchased the 03 yz450f exh cam & a plug to cover the decompression lever opening. Is there anything else I should do to the bike when it's torn apart?

I purchased the bike probably 6 weeks ago

• 02YZ426

Posted August 18, 2005 - 07:45 PM

I would get a new cam chain and consider a new tensioner. It will save you money down the road.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • viggen

Posted August 18, 2005 - 07:54 PM

cool, I will order them tomorrow

anything else?

I was thinking of upping the displacement to 430 or whatever is available but I figured that would be more $$$ then I should dump into the bike

• Vibeguy

Posted August 18, 2005 - 09:29 PM

If you bought the $3 rubber plug from Yamaha throw it in the trash and get the TT decomp plug, it will never blow or fall out like the rubber plug from Yamaha.

• MisterMan

Posted August 19, 2005 - 03:30 PM

I'm go'n hot cams......they have warrntees...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.