What size is the........

8 replies to this topic
  • c2

Posted December 26, 2000 - 03:47 AM

what size is the nut that holds the triple clamp assembly together? I'm installing the Scotts damper and I need to get that sucker off to do some grinding. Thanks.

Chris

• Jeff_in_AZ

Posted December 26, 2000 - 08:15 AM

If memory serves correct, you'll need a 32mm socket for that nut.

• Scott_F

Posted December 26, 2000 - 09:06 AM

I believe mine is 30mm.

• TW

Posted December 26, 2000 - 09:15 AM

30mm is the correct size socket for my 99.

Just took mine apart and back together and it is still 30mm socket after looking for a second and third time.

------------------
99 WR400
BRC
NOHVA
AMA

[This message has been edited by TW (edited 12-26-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 26, 2000 - 09:28 AM

I was thinking 32.

Looks like we have at least narrowed it down.

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

[This message has been edited by milkman2544 (edited 12-26-2000).]

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 26, 2000 - 09:45 AM

I'll check tonight - I bought a socket for that thing.

Brian

• c2

Posted December 26, 2000 - 09:46 AM

BTW, I have a '00 if it makes any difference. Thanks.

Chris

Originally posted by Jeff in AZ:
If memory serves correct, you'll need a 32mm socket for that nut.

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted December 26, 2000 - 02:16 PM

Hey C2, Erik here, how's the damper working out? I hadn't heard from you and I hope all is well. Good luck on the install! Should be an easy one. Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

• c2

Posted December 26, 2000 - 04:18 PM

Hey Erik,
I have not been able to mess with the dampner yet. Between xmas, 9 week old daughter, work, freezing temps and snow, plus a few logisticals (need to borrow BIG metric socket which I'm not sure what size yet, drill stripped out bolts from the renthals to bend the crossbar, then grind the excess metal off the triple clamp....) well I havent't had alot of motorcycle time. But I'm slowly but surely getting there. Thanks for asking.

Chris

Originally posted by So Cal Erik:
Hey C2, Erik here, how's the damper working out? I hadn't heard from you and I hope all is well. Good luck on the install! Should be an easy one. Erik

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.