Best option? Boyesen cap or Power Now Insert?

11 replies to this topic
  • tonymiller

Posted August 17, 2005 - 02:56 PM

Help requested from the gurus...

Boyesen has a bolt-on cap that they say kills the low-end bog on four strokes. If you know about both, what would you lean towards? The Power Now or the Boyesen.
Thanks as always!
TM

• Matty05

Posted August 17, 2005 - 03:16 PM

some bikes don't have the bog.

The power now (and power now plus) adds bottom end grunt.
The boyesen does not add power.

It is up to you.

• tonymiller

Posted August 17, 2005 - 03:40 PM

Clarification on the choice:

This is for a 03 WR450. I want to eliminate the bog. I am looking to eliminate because my riding buddy was roosting me all day,and I finally had him nailed, twisted it and it bogged and died. Not to mention the uphill starts!
Not looking necessarily for power.The damn thing already has enough to kill me as it is...Thanks

• ncmountainman

Posted August 17, 2005 - 04:26 PM

i run both and like the results :D

• Matty05

Posted August 17, 2005 - 06:16 PM

Clarification on the choice:

This is for a 03 WR450. I want to eliminate the bog. I am looking to eliminate because my riding buddy was roosting me all day,and I finally had him nailed, twisted it and it bogged and died. Not to mention the uphill starts!
Not looking necessarily for power.The damn thing already has enough to kill me as it is...Thanks

Well, get the boyesen.

factory r&d make the same thing, it may be cheaper and it does the same job.

As ncmountainman says, get both!

• rtrolli69

Posted August 17, 2005 - 09:25 PM

I dont know much about this Boyseen Cap,but ive installed the power plus system both front&rear on carb.honestly check the jetting charts re jet bike from stock if you have done free mods&gray wire.JD jet kit &needle helped a bunch& took care of the bog.the pwr plus system makes bolt on bottom end,Now with jetting&power plus the bottom end is pretty brutal on the track the bike will wheelie easily.I would recommend it if you have the spare cash...we all love pwr.....Russ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RC81

Posted August 17, 2005 - 10:51 PM

I installed the Boyesen Quick Shot on mike bike and with even the stock jetting there was no bog. Cant comment on the other yet. I did just install a DR. D pipe and that seemed to wake it up!

• vantolr

Posted August 18, 2005 - 05:20 AM

i run both and like the results :D

I agree.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 18, 2005 - 06:20 AM

I run both... I have the Factory R&D cover and for tighter stuff I install the Powernow... I'm pleased with the results, with my jetting I can honestly say my bike has zero bog.. I don't think the Powernow effects the jetting, I think it's a nice add on to improve roll on power by contouring the venturi of air getting into the carb, not so much for jetting... :D

• tonymiller

Posted August 19, 2005 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for taking the time to input, guys, it really is appreciated and saves much aggravation, and bucks in the long run; looks like I will buy both.

• Hurricane

Posted August 19, 2005 - 10:45 AM

I made a powernow for my old wr400. Worked pretty well, could ride a gear higher in most situations and it improved throttle response. No experience with the boysesen.

• TeamScream

Posted August 27, 2005 - 09:43 PM

you can make it ALL go away with proper jetting man.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.