Help w/426f Clutch

2 replies to this topic
  • 7xmoto

Posted August 17, 2005 - 01:16 PM

have a 2000 YZ426f and the clutch jerks (doesn't engage smoothly) badly when I try to take off. It's the original clutch so I need to replace it. Can the pressure plate be warped?
thx
:D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted August 17, 2005 - 06:12 PM

Most likley the clutch basket is toast. Grooves/knotches get worn into the fingers of the basket causing the jerky engagement.
By a new Barnett clutch kit and one of there new baskets with the steel sleeved fingers. "Way cheaper than a Hinson unit" and you should be good to go.
Eric

• TeamScream

Posted August 27, 2005 - 09:50 PM

Most likley the clutch basket is toast. Grooves/knotches get worn into the fingers of the basket causing the jerky engagement.
By a new Barnett clutch kit and one of there new baskets with the steel sleeved fingers. "Way cheaper than a Hinson unit" and you should be good to go.
Eric

And while you are in there, do yourself a favor and inspect the kickstart return stop CAREFULLY, if it is buggered at all, replace it along with BOTH of the bolts that secure it into place, there are 4 parts total including the bolts that you need, $14.00 total and will save your cases in the event of a lazy kick/backfire.
Trust me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.