Yamaha WR/YZ Frame Paint PPG

7 replies to this topic
  • ddurado

Posted August 17, 2005 - 07:20 AM

Yamaha frame paint is marketed by Color-Rite: COLOR-RITE CODE: 5815 (DEEP PURPLISH BLUE METALLIC) Yamaha MANUFACTURERS CODE: 564.

This paint is PPG Deltron manufactured by PPG. Does anyone know the PPG reference code for this color?

• WRnut

Posted August 17, 2005 - 06:27 PM

My father in law is a painter and I have used alot of their products to paint my trucks and my boat, they have awsome products.. You should be able to take the paint code to a PPG dealer and they can cross reference it. If not, than most paint dealers have a portable color match machine that they can put on your frame that will read the PPG code and match it to 99.9% accurate. :D Use PPg, Ihave heard that the Dupont is a thick messy mess!!!!

• Brettv

Posted August 18, 2005 - 04:59 AM

pj1 make a spray can of yamaha blue, if that helps

• Matty05

Posted August 18, 2005 - 05:12 AM

I am pretty sure the colour is copywrited or trademarked or something by yamaha
which is why you won't find it. Good luck if you do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 18, 2005 - 06:41 AM

For what it's worth, I remember reading an article on Team Yamahas frames, not sure if they still have them powder coated but a company in California called Embee powder coated all their frames... You know they have the color... :D

• Seabass

Posted August 18, 2005 - 07:07 PM

I went to Embee and they didn't want to powder coat my frame. They said there was too much hassle doing it cuz of the oil in the frame aspect. I also talked to Olympic and they gave me the same lukewarm response. :D

• The WR in front

Posted August 25, 2005 - 08:36 AM

I got the same exact info from Color-rite.com but I thought you could buy it directly from them with the info you already have somethin like $15 bucks for a nail polish sized bottle. Perfect for those pesky little scratches. Any way be sure to let us know how it goes. :D

• TeamScream

Posted August 27, 2005 - 09:37 PM

I went to Embee and they didn't want to powder coat my frame. They said there was too much hassle doing it cuz of the oil in the frame aspect. I also talked to Olympic and they gave me the same lukewarm response. :D

That blows cause I was just getting geared up to strip my 01 down to the frame and get it done up, where is Embee? you got a number for them?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.